- Tor hints at possible U.S. government involvement in recent attack
- Internet of Things devices contain high number of vulnerabilities, study finds
- Antivirus products riddled with security flaws, researcher says
- 'Right to be forgotten' ruling is unworkable and misguided, UK Lords say
- Defunct Koler ransom Trojan attacked 200,000 Android users in matter of weeks
Vodafone - News, Features, and Slideshows
Vodafone in pictures
Vodafone is halfway through its three-year turnaround initiative, Vodafone's chief marketer Kim Clarke this week told the ADMA Forum in Sydney.
Vodafone on Tuesday announced it had reallocated its low-band 850MHz mobile spectrum to boost 4G network coverage – particularly indoors – for 1.5 million of its existing customers.
Vodafone Hutchison Australia has blamed “stiff competition” and a saturated market for the loss of 137,000 more customers in the six-month period ended 30 June.
Telstra, Optus and Vodafone have responded to the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN) comments about making mobile calls to 13/1300 numbers free, saying they have plans that include unlimited calls to 13/1300 numbers.
Telstra has benefited from government inattention to competition in the telco sector, according to Vodafone.
Technology giant Apple recently unveiled the company's latest iPhone -- the iPhone 4S. Featuring an identical physical design to the previous iPhone 4, the iPhone 4S (like the iPhone 3GS before it) is betting on faster performance, a better camera and a new voice recognition service to win over consumers.
In this series, Computerworld takes a look into the major events of 2009 which shaped Australian telcos.
Following a three month investigation, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has given the greenlight for the merger of Vodafone and Hutchinson to go ahead.
Hutchison has flagged that its future in Australia could be in doubt if its proposed merger with Vodafone is not given the green light by the ACCC, its CEO Nigel Dews has said.
- Blue Jeans Network launches new video service with Google Hangouts
- Data#3 spends $2.5m on first phase of Discovery takeover
- Tigerspike appoints Australian-based global CEO
- Human error number one cause of IT service incidents: Dimension Data
- Channel’s Software-Defined Everything competency will be specialised: Schneider Electric