- Farmers shut out of online services by new identity scheme
- Facebook says you can be social and secure, acquires .onion address for Tor users
- Swedish hacker finds 'serious' vulnerability in OS X Yosemite
- Court rules cops can demand fingerprints, not passcodes, to unlock smartphones
- Twitter's MoPub ad exchange grabs Verizon tracking cookies, and more may follow
Visionstream - News, Features, and Slideshows
NBN Co has handed Leighton Contractors subsidiary Visionstream a two-year contract extension for network design and construction in three states. The contract covers Victoria, Tasmania and Queensland and is worth $90 million.
Visionstream has won a $240 million contract with Optus to build and upgrade mobile sites for the number-two telco’s LTE network in Australia.
Labor MP Ed Husic has reassured IT industry body TasICT that the rollout of National Broadband Network (NBN) in Tasmania will be completed by the planned target of 2015, amid speculation that a key NBN partner in the state is having issues with its subcontractors. Some 208,400 homes and businesses are expected to be covered by the fibre network in the state.
Visionstream and Downer have signed contracts with Chorus in New Zealand for construction of the country’s Ultra Fast Broadband (UFB) network in the greater Auckland region.
Visionstream has secured a $21 million contract for the West Gate Freeway managed motorway project.