- Mystery 'Onion/Critroni' ransom Trojan evolves to use more sophisticated encryption
- Criminals ride Google coattails in DDoS attacks
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- How to prevent a website compromise like StubHub
virtualization - News, Features, and Slideshows
Hyundai's Australian subsidiary is close to completing a company-wide VDI rollout. Head of IT at Hyundai Motor Company Australia, Bala Kothandaraman, said that virtual desktops had been rolled out to around 45 per cent of the organisation's 200 end users, with the remainder to transition in two months.
Some Australians have indicated they will spend more on their data centres over the next year due to big data, virtualization and business continuity requirements, according to a Forrester Consulting survey.
How far will software-defined solutions, including networks and data centres, take you on the road to IT maturity?
The latest release of Oracle's software for managing virtual machines offers the same set of features to Sparc users as to those who manage virtual machines on x86 servers.
VMware is for the first time inviting anyone to beta test the next version of vSphere, the company's virtualization platform.
Software Defined Networking technology is maturing and there are several real world use cases, but for most shops it is still a question of figuring out how we get there from here. In this Network World special report we analyze the promise and the options:
As if tracking down bugs in a complex application isn't difficult enough, programmers now must worry about a newly emerging and potentially dangerous trap, one in which a program compiler simply eliminates chunks of code it doesn't understand, often without alerting the programmer of the missing functionality.
Docker 1.0 has officially arrived, giving organizations a proper chance to use the emerging cloud technology to create and run applications with even more agility.
Saving about $2 million was the primary reason international business-facility management firm ABM decided to convert its virtual infrastructure from VMware's vSphere to Microsoft's Hyper-V, but that came only after a period of having Microsoft prove that its virtual environment was ready.
Google is throwing its weight behind containers, an increasingly popular virtualization technology that can ease the process of spinning up applications in the cloud.
Amazon's virtual-desktops-as-a-service offering is now available in the cloud giant's Sydney region. Amazon WorkSpaces provides Windows 7-based virtual desktops served out of AWS' data centres for a monthly fee.
Virtual desktops have meant that caregivers at Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital aren't chained to their desks according to Ramsay Health Care infrastructure engineer Barry White.
Joining Red Hat, Oracle, Canonical and others, Hewlett-Packard is releasing its own distribution of the OpenStack cloud hosting software.
Citrix Systems wants to manage desktops and mobile devices with the latest version of XenMobile, and is also working on making it easier for XenApp users to upgrade.
Hornsby Shire Council in northern Sydney is in the pilot phase of a rollout of virtual desktop infrastructure. The rollout, which is due to be completed by the end of June, will involve shifting the council's employees from Windows XP to virtual Windows 7 desktops delivered via Nutanix converged infrastructure.
- Intel appoints new director of Cloud policy and government affairs
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Rosenberg appointed new Westcon A/NZ managing director
- Citrix and Fujitsu eye A/NZ mobility market together
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added distributor
- Express Data's Siobhan Delaney Miller joins Westcon
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads