- Digital Guardian buys Code Green to gain data-loss prevention tech
- Cisco disrupts $60M ransomware biz
- John McAfee, security software pioneer, talks to CSO about his bid for the White House
- The Kuna smart porch light pulls double duty as a Wi-Fi security camera
- When it comes to security, trust but verify
virtualization - News, Features, and Slideshows
As Docker has matured, it's <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/article/2919588/application-virtualization/docker-finally-puts-its-security-best-practices-on-paper.html">grappled with</a> the <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/article/2923852/security/containers-have-arrived-and-no-one-knows-how-to-secure-them.html">security issues</a> that come with containers. Of late, Docker has concentrated on how to certify the contents of a given container.
Red Hat has polished the open source OpenStack Cloud hosting software so that it can be more easily deployed within enterprises.
The future of public cloud in Australia is changing as telecommunications players invest in the space according to Huawei data centre solution CTO Ronald Raffensperger.
Almost three quarters of OpenDaylight users plan to use the open source SDN technology for <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2900828/sdn/nfv-and-sdns-will-make-up-the-cloud.html">Network Functions Virtualization</a>, while over half are looking at it for cloud orchestration.
Now enterprise administrators can catch a bit of the magic that Google seemingly uses to smoothly run large Web scale applications. The company has released a production-ready version its Kubernetes software that manages virtual containers.
Some of the biggest names in IT and online services have banded together to standardize the way applications are run in the cloud.
Ease of deployment and management makes it likely that an increasing proportion of Mater Health Services' virtual desktops will be delivered courtesy of converged infrastructure.
After entering beta roughly three months ago, Oracle's VM VirtualBox 5.0 virtualization software is now generally available, offering faster performance and better security.
A mobility strategy that centres on using virtualization to deliver desktops, apps and data to worksites has saved construction company John Holland millions of dollars, according to David Banger.
Amazon Web Services is hoping better management tools will convince enterprises to move more applications to the cloud, but getting their internal management processes right is even more important than anything the vendor can offer.
Enterprises in Australia are forecast to spend $2.5 billion on data centre systems this year, slightly up on $2.3 billion in 2014 according to Gartner.
<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2846421/sdn/alcatel-lucent-virtualizes-wans-and-routers.html">Nuage Networks</a> this week released an application designed to better integrate physical and virtual networks.
Apple iPad users will soon be able to interact with Citrix Systems' virtual Windows apps using a mouse.
VMware may have pioneered enterprise virtualization, but until Monday it had been relatively quiet when it comes to Docker containers, the popular lightweight form of application virtualization.
VMware Monday announced its first operating system, and it's designed to run containers inside the company's virtualization management software. In announcing the Linux OS, named Project Photon, VMware is attempting to convince users who are curious about using containers that they can do so while still using the company's software.
- Software-defined networks present opportunities for resellers: Fortinet
- Large organisations are immature in embracing end-user computing: Dimension Data
- HP awards New Zealand enterprise partners at gala dinner (+27 photos)
- Jabra’s David Piggott cycles from Adelaide to Darwin for charity
- Vintek expands into Canberra and Singapore
- How Ticketek is using a DMP to not only target audiences, but pivot its business
- Machines will learn just like a child, says IBM CEO
- Technology and digital companies dominate top 100 global brands list
- How to choose a customer experience management platform
- Dorsey gets Twitter CEO post, Bain appointed COO