- 'Ghost' vulnerability poses high risk to Linux distributions
- Australian information security posture weak by world standards: Cisco
- Remotely exploitable ‘GHOST’ bug strikes all Linux distros
- A new kind of DDoS threat: The "Nonsense Name" attack
- Old arguments may bog down US data breach notification legislation
virtual desktop - News, Features, and Slideshows
Citrix has updated its virtual desktop and appliance software with a goal of alleviating one of the biggest problems that come with a VDI deployment: Storage.
The City of Armadale in Western Australia has a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) program underway to upgrade 450 PCs.
As the IT infrastructure manager at Digital Intelligence Systems LLC (DISYS), an IT solutions company, I recently initiated the build-out of a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) to support our large mobile workforce, and learned some important lessons along the way that may help smooth the way for your VDI rollout.
Getting rid of aging desktop computers in favour of a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) has led to increased productivity and less IT problems for Brisbane-based Cooper Grace Ward Lawyers.
The University of Wollongong may soon enable thousands of students and staff to securely share information across many devices, following its decision to join a trial of VMware's new Horizon Suite.
Windows 8's bare-metal virtualization layer is a great way to create an app sandbox, run a test machine, launch a VHD appliance, and more
Whitepapers about virtual desktop
This IDC Buyer Case Study examines the Sam M. Walton College of Business' virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) deployment on the Tintri storage platform. IDC recently spoke with William Allred, Ph.D., associate director, Technology Center, and Scott Zemke, network administrator at Walton College of Business about their experience in deploying a 400-seat VDI infrastructure on the campus for use by undergraduate and graduate students at the College.
- Digital disruption isn’t disruption anymore: Why it’s time to refocus your business
- CEO survey: Digital technology for customer engagement and data provides big business value
- Snapchat and Twitter violate each other's personal space
- Personalisation drives Colliers International website overhaul
- Gartner foresees 250m connected vehicles on the road by 2020