victorian government - News, Features, and Slideshows
victorian government in pictures
The Victorian police spent a total of $15 million on an IT refresh during the 2013-14 financial year, including the replacing of a distributed server network, transitioning from Windows XP to Windows 7 and designing new data centre
The Victorian Life Sciences Computation Initiative (VLSCI) can continue its supercomputing research in the state after a $6.65 million injection of funds from the Victorian government.
An audit of Victorian emergency response ICT systems by the Victorian Auditor-General’s Office (VAGO) has led to a $13 million upgrade of a computer aided dispatch (CAD) system and associated networks.
Outsourcing and IT services company Aegis Limited is planning to build a $4 million Asia Pacific centre for analytics, social media and multilingual language services in Melbourne, leading to the creation of up to 550 new jobs, the company said.
United Kingdom based IT services firm WM360 has chosen Melbourne as the location for its Australian headquarters and plans to create up to 20 new jobs over the next three years.
- Bite into your music with jaw-controlled iPhone player
- Apple CEO Tim Cook meets with Chinese official after iCloud attack
- New European Commission, approved by Parliament, will focus on the digital domain
- Ransomware takes malware from bad to worse
- Camels, sleds and trikes: Seven odd Street View vehicles