It’s a case of lucky number 13 for AusCERT as the organisation celebrates its 13th annual security conference on the Gold Coast in Queensland. Delegates have heard from a range of speakers so far including Princeton University’s Edward Felten, Peter Gutmann from the University of Auckland and Telstra’s Scott McIntyre. The conference continues until Friday, 16 May.
verizon - News, Features, and Slideshows
verizon in pictures
Verizon Communications will be bidding US$3 billion for the Internet assets of ailing Yahoo, according to a newspaper report.
An annual customer satisfaction survey says that T-Mobile is now the highest-rated of America’s big four wireless carriers, and that Comcast is no longer the least-popular ISP in the country, among other results.
Greenwave Chief Scientist Jim Hunter explores the promise of the Internet of Things – and the challenges it still faces.
“Credentials, credentials, credentials,” should be the number one takeaway for enterprises from Verizon’s 2016 Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR), according to Dave Ostertag.
At the OpenStack Summit in Austin, one emerging use case for the open source cloud computing platform involves telecommunications providers like AT&T and Verizon using OpenStack to deliver virtualized network features to customers.
A controversial new wireless technology is closer to widespread use, after Qualcomm and T-Mobile got an official green light from the FCC to test LTE-U in four U.S. locations late last week.
Enterprise IT vendors didn't have much to say about commercial drones just 18 months ago, but now Cisco, AT&T, Verizon and others are making their moves.
With unmanned aerial vehicles (i.e., drones) here to stay, entrepreneurs are pouncing on the opportunity to safeguard people from having these flying machines drop in unexpectedly and venture capitalists are buying in.
It's good to be an Internet of Things startup these days, as investments from Cisco, Nokia, Verizon and others show. Here's a look at 10 IoT companies that could make an impact on the consumer and/or enterprise market.
Verizon Ventures says that while consumer Internet of Things startups were all the rage in 2014 and continue to be popular among investors, enterprise IoT newcomers have become even hotter properties among venture capitalists over the past two years, with enterprise IoT investment expected to double or triple that of consumer IoT in 2016.
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals