U.S. Federal Trade Commission - News, Features, and Slideshows
Smartphone users might be better off seeing a doctor than relying on a family of mobile apps to diagnose whether moles on their skin are cancerous.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should reject a privacy group's push to extend the E.U.'s controversial right to be forgotten rules to the U.S. because such regulations would have a "sweeping" negative effect on many U.S. companies, a trade group said.
Identity protection service LifeLock said Tuesday it is prepared to go to court after the U.S. Federal Trade Commission filed a fresh lawsuit alleging the company has failed to protect its users' data and deceptively advertises its services.
Privacy concerns might throw a wrench into companies' plans to make Internet-connected devices mainstream fixtures in the home.
Privacy group wants Google to forget more... Programmer escapes vampire squid... Self-driving cars evade human menace... and more tech news
With hidden malware on the rise, the online advertising industry may finally have to get its governance act together.
After a nearly two-year antitrust investigation, Google escaped with more of a slap on the wrist than a slap in the face, say industry analysts.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
- Outsourced datacentre market grows on the back of the Cloud
- Microsoft pledges $US500k to Australian non-profits
- Microsoft APC 2015: Women in IT Panel - Quotas, meritocracy and the diversity dividend
- NEC facial recognition helps NT police fight crime
- Tech companies perform strongly in BRW’s best places to work
- NT cops use facial recognition to fight crime
- Verizon to introduce SDN security feature later this month
- LTE is making a full-court press for the Internet of Things
- Indian woman allegedly raped by Uber driver withdraws suit
- Mozilla updates its Thimble online code editor to help teach Web programming
- CMO Interview: Unleashed's Anthony Mordech on the software marketing evolution
- Bank of Queensland: Digital transformation of banking is in its infancy
- Myer targets customers through digital and data in $600m transformation agenda
- Economist: Why it's time to re-think marketing in a customer-led economy
- Why brands are using Marketo to leverage digital transformation