- CIOs, CSOs should address cloud sovereignty uncertainty with facts: Gartner
- The week in security: Hackers swarm banks, break for World Cup
- Until the Tails privacy tool is patched, here's how to stay safe
- Firefox gains Chrome-like malicious file defences
- Mystery 'Onion/Critroni' ransom Trojan evolves to use more sophisticated encryption
U.S. Federal Trade Commission - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon.com has billed parents for millions of dollars' worth of unauthorized in-app purchases made by their children, the FTC said in a complaint filed Thursday in a U.S. court.
A U.S. senator has asked the Federal Trade Commission to scrutinize the use of big data by Facebook and other Internet companies, following a controversy over a Facebook experiment on some of its users.
T-Mobile USA made hundreds of millions of dollars by charging customers for purported "premium" SMS subscriptions that, in many cases, they never ordered, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission says.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should leave net neutrality enforcement to antitrust agencies that can bring lawsuits against broadband providers after they see evidence of anti-competitive behavior, some U.S. lawmakers have advocated.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has reportedly launched an investigation into the Federal Trade Commission's use of information from a peer-to-peer security vendor to bring a data breach complaint against a medical testing laboratory.
With hidden malware on the rise, the online advertising industry may finally have to get its governance act together.
After a nearly two-year antitrust investigation, Google escaped with more of a slap on the wrist than a slap in the face, say industry analysts.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
- Layoffs cool Microsoft employees' opinion of CEO Satya Nadella
- Queensland Ambulance Service invites offers for iOS report form
- ABS develops Web service for users to create own population clock
- Rogue employees using photocopiers and email services to steal data
- Connected home brings new revenue opportunity for telcos: Ovum
- JC Penney: Finding the right customer engagement strategy
- Brands demonstrate a hotchpotch of IT/marketing relationships
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing