- Latest Firefox version adds protection against rogue SSL certificates
- One more time: Use two-factor authentication on iCloud, even if there's a waiting period
- US Home Depot breach could potentially be as big as Target's
- Home Depot investigates possible payment data breach
- "Outraged" Apple issues update on celebrity cellphone nude photo breach
U.S. Federal Trade Commission - News, Features, and Slideshows
Thirty U.S. data brokers and data management firms, including Adobe Systems, AOL and Salesforce.com, are violating privacy promises they've made regarding their handling of the personal information of EU residents, a privacy group said in a complaint to be filed Thursday.
A company accused of sending unsolicited and deceptive email before the roll out of the U.S. Affordable Care Act will pay US$350,000 to settle a complaint from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) wants the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to investigate the data gathering and sharing practices of makers of personal fitness devices and applications.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission failed to adequately consider the consumer benefits of easy in-app purchases in its recent complaints accusing Apple and Amazon.com of allowing children to buy digital products without parental permission, according to some critics of the agency.
Mobile carriers have pulled in hundreds of millions in profits through third-party charges tacked onto customers' bills without their consent, according to a report from a U.S. Senate committee.
With hidden malware on the rise, the online advertising industry may finally have to get its governance act together.
After a nearly two-year antitrust investigation, Google escaped with more of a slap on the wrist than a slap in the face, say industry analysts.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
- Rocket Fuel latest programmatic ad tech vendor to come to Australia
- Video advertising dominates latest IAB online expenditure report
- Apple partners with Mastercard and Visa on mobile wallet
- Skills and silos still inhibiting leading Aussie brands from being modern marketers
- Deloitte describes four-step model for customer-led marketing