- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
- AusCERT 2013: Companies unaware of IPv6 security risk even if they’re not using it
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 roundup
unified communications in pictures
You don't have to look further than the uprisings across the Arab world to recognize the power of social tools, and this transformative power applies to business as well. But for an enterprise social network (ESN) to be genuinely useful, it needs to go beyond the "Facebook for enterprise" model.
Facebook used to be a company just like many others: It would buy servers, racks and other hardware from vendors like HP and Dell and rent out co-location space from vendors like DuPont Fabros and others.
Facebook Thursday said it’s making available globally a feature called "Trusted Contacts" that lets users select three to five friends who can help users recover account access such as if they forget their password.
Twitter, the increasingly popular micro-blogging service, has come under quite a bit of criticism in the past few weeks. Users of the platform, which describes itself as an "information-sharing network" are struggling with what to do about false information being spread around.
Verizon and MySpace scored a zero out of a possible six stars in a test of how far 18 technology service providers will go to protect user data from government data demands.
Given the importance of telephone systems, refreshing the technology can be daunting. However, for small and midsized businesses who consider upgrading from a PBX to VoIP, the benefits are clear and, with proper planning, the implementation is not very frightening. Consider these three steps:
I recently decided, somewhat randomly, to experiment a bit more with social networking. I was on LinkedIn and at some point the service asked me if it could access my Gmail contact list.
Adding video to the company website can set retailers and other businesses apart from the competition -- and ultimately boost the bottom line.
Last week Gen. David Petraeus, the director of the Central Intelligence Agency, resigned in response to what has turned out to be a much bigger scandal than it first appeared.
Wikipedia and its users are planning more than 300 celebration events across six continents for the 10th anniversary of the free, online encyclopedia that has become an Internet juggernaut by spreading access to information with a model that lets anyone edit its articles.
The steady rise in people using IP telephony to communicate -- for personal and business reasons -- has led to the development of a number of different VoIP "softphones" that can be used on a PC or notebook.
Whitepapers about unified communications
The bring-your-own-device (BYOD) movement is a testimonial to the increasing influence end users have to force IT to design, develop and deploy a flexible set of UC capabilities. Learn how end user choices in mobility and visual collaboration should factor into vendor consolidation strategies and UC road map architecture.
When it comes to flash, “one size does not fit all.” IDC examines recent flash trends in enterprise storage deployments. This includes: highlighting how SSDs are filling in gaps of existing storage systems when coupled with intelligent archiving and automated tiering, the pros and cons of different SSD approaches, and tips to overcome concerns of reliability, manageability and scalability.
Publisher's notes: SoftPerfect Network Protocol Analyzer is an advanced, professional tool for analyzing, debugging, maintaining and monitoring local networks and Internet connections. It captures the ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTechnical Consulting ManagerNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia