Tony Abbott - News, Features, and Slideshows
- In his own words: Tony Abbott on the NBN
- Startups applaud death of Labor tax rules on employee share options
- Startups win reform in Abbott's competitiveness agenda
Australia’s startup scene has welcomed changes by the Abbott government to taxation of employee stock option plans (ESOPs) as a positive first step toward a thriving startup ecosystem.
The Australian government will reform how employee share options are taxed to make it easier for startups to attract and retain talent, as part of a $400 million Industry Innovation and Competitiveness Agenda unveiled today by Prime Minister Tony Abbott.
The NBN Co’s 60-day strategic review of the NBN has generated a range of responses, with Shadow Minister for Communications Jason Clare saying that the Coalition government has broken its election promise to deliver 25 Mbps speeds by 2016.
The Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) has received a formal complaint from UK-based privacy group Privacy International following allegations that the ASD offered to share information about Australian citizens with international counterparts.
Huawei Australia chairman John Lord has expressed disappointment at the Coalition government’s decision to uphold a ban which prevents the company from participating in the National Broadband Network (NBN).
- NewLease's emerging markets expansion to be led by former Microsoft executive
- Decimal hires second CEO in four months
- World's most powerful life sciences supercomputing facility to stay in Victoria
- Nextgen Networks appoints former AAPT exec as new MD
- Venture capitalist to plunge $100 million into Aussie tech sector