Tony Abbott - News, Features, and Slideshows
A group that represents Australia's mobile telecommunications sector has criticised comments by Prime Minister Tony Abbott about the cost of implementing a data retention regime.
Labor leader Bill Shorten has raised concerns over elements of the government's proposed data retention bill.
A new group within the Department of Communications will be tasked with developing and co-ordinating digitally delivered government services. One of the first tasks of the 'Digital Transformation Office' will be establishing a single sign-on for accessing government services.
Concerns about online threats against Australia have led to the federal government launching a review of its cyber security strategy for the first time since 2008.
Australia’s startup scene has welcomed changes by the Abbott government to taxation of employee stock option plans (ESOPs) as a positive first step toward a thriving startup ecosystem.
- Google to bring imaging, sensor technology to the operating room
- 5 freshly-funded cloud computing companies worth watching
- Why Meerkat and Periscope are the next big challenge for marketers
- USB Type-C peripherals are on the way, and storage devices are first up
- Microsoft should forget the Surface, stick to the Pro 2-in-1 line