- Apple releases tons of security updates for recent flaws and exploits
- Surveillance court extends NSA's phone records collection
- Robot apocalypse unlikely, but researchers need to understand AI risks
- Amazon releases open source cryptographic module
- Medium stays firmly anti-password with radical e-mail-based logins
TLD - News, Features, and Slideshows
Monash University has received the .monash top-level domain name, becoming the first global organisation to be delegated a brand-name TLD by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers has signed off on the creation of a new .melbourne top-level domain, with the new TLD passing ICANN's initial evaluation process.
The state of Victoria, iSelect, Open Universities Australia and Commonwealth Bank drew high slots in a lottery at the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers to determine the order in which ICANN will evaluate applications for new top-level domains.
Debate around a controversial plan to add hundreds of new domain name extensions to the Internet infrastructure has reached a fever pitch in the nation's capital, as critics engage in a last-ditch effort to scrap or delay the plan, which is scheduled to launch Jan. 12.
Melbourne IT (ASX: MLB) managing director, Theo Hnarakis, has warned that the rising Australian dollar and the 20 June ICANN decision on domain liberalisation may affect the hosting company’s full year results.
- Holla chief: Customer experience is the new brand remit
- Ooyala buys media software vendor for digital and video content management
- NRMA announces second round of startup accelerator program
- Report: Aussie CMOs strive for customer centricity but hindered by pace of change
- Microsoft hands some of the reins for its display ad business to AOL