- Faster Internet access means more cyberattacks for Africa
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Google, WordPress, LastPass, Salesforce - new USB token secures them all
- Attacks against industrial control systems double
- Pawn Storm cyberespionage group increases activity, targets NATO
TLD - News, Features, and Slideshows
Monash University has received the .monash top-level domain name, becoming the first global organisation to be delegated a brand-name TLD by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers has signed off on the creation of a new .melbourne top-level domain, with the new TLD passing ICANN's initial evaluation process.
The state of Victoria, iSelect, Open Universities Australia and Commonwealth Bank drew high slots in a lottery at the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers to determine the order in which ICANN will evaluate applications for new top-level domains.
Debate around a controversial plan to add hundreds of new domain name extensions to the Internet infrastructure has reached a fever pitch in the nation's capital, as critics engage in a last-ditch effort to scrap or delay the plan, which is scheduled to launch Jan. 12.
Melbourne IT (ASX: MLB) managing director, Theo Hnarakis, has warned that the rising Australian dollar and the 20 June ICANN decision on domain liberalisation may affect the hosting company’s full year results.
- Dicker Data unveils new "post-acquisition" logo (Embargo Monday April 20)
- NetApp secures $2m supercomputing deal with NCI
- Mandatory Disclosure Laws needed to counter lax security attitudes: Symantec
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise gears for growth following China Huaxin takeover
- Vocus buys $15 million stake in Macquarie Telecom