- Cybercrime group steals millions from Russian banks, targets US and European retailers
- South Korea nuclear operator runs drill after alleged hacker threat
- Exploits for dangerous network time protocol vulnerabilities can compromise systems
- Tor warns of possible disruption of network through server seizures
- Tor network offline in coming days due to Possible seizure
TLD - News, Features, and Slideshows
Monash University has received the .monash top-level domain name, becoming the first global organisation to be delegated a brand-name TLD by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers has signed off on the creation of a new .melbourne top-level domain, with the new TLD passing ICANN's initial evaluation process.
The state of Victoria, iSelect, Open Universities Australia and Commonwealth Bank drew high slots in a lottery at the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers to determine the order in which ICANN will evaluate applications for new top-level domains.
Debate around a controversial plan to add hundreds of new domain name extensions to the Internet infrastructure has reached a fever pitch in the nation's capital, as critics engage in a last-ditch effort to scrap or delay the plan, which is scheduled to launch Jan. 12.
Melbourne IT (ASX: MLB) managing director, Theo Hnarakis, has warned that the rising Australian dollar and the 20 June ICANN decision on domain liberalisation may affect the hosting company’s full year results.
- How JustGiving is using social tactics and data to personalise giving
- Being the first CMO: Mint Wireless' Justus Hammer talks data and results-driven marketing
- Fashioning a new style of customer interaction at The PAS Group
- Infographic: Top digital trends in 2015
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation