- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- How to prevent a website compromise like StubHub
- Nigerian 419 scammers diversifying into Trojan malware, finds Palo Alto
- Internet Explorer vulnerabilities surge to record levels in 2014, NVD figures reveal
TLD - News, Features, and Slideshows
Monash University has received the .monash top-level domain name, becoming the first global organisation to be delegated a brand-name TLD by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers has signed off on the creation of a new .melbourne top-level domain, with the new TLD passing ICANN's initial evaluation process.
The state of Victoria, iSelect, Open Universities Australia and Commonwealth Bank drew high slots in a lottery at the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers to determine the order in which ICANN will evaluate applications for new top-level domains.
Debate around a controversial plan to add hundreds of new domain name extensions to the Internet infrastructure has reached a fever pitch in the nation's capital, as critics engage in a last-ditch effort to scrap or delay the plan, which is scheduled to launch Jan. 12.
Melbourne IT (ASX: MLB) managing director, Theo Hnarakis, has warned that the rising Australian dollar and the 20 June ICANN decision on domain liberalisation may affect the hosting company’s full year results.
- Intel appoints new director of Cloud policy and government affairs
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Rosenberg appointed new Westcon A/NZ managing director
- Citrix and Fujitsu eye A/NZ mobility market together
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added distributor
- Express Data's Siobhan Delaney Miller joins Westcon
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads