- Dow Jones & Co. discloses breach, incident likely related to Scottrade
- Apple pulls the plug on in-app ad-blockers
- Comcast Xfinity Home subscribers can now add Nest thermostats and other connected-home devices
- Apple removes apps from store that could spy on your data traffic
- Android phones patched once a year, 87 percent exposed. Which brand is the most secure?
Timothy Pilgrim - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim will be taking on the role of acting Australian Information Commissioner following the formal resignation of Professor John McMillan on 31 July.
Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim has opened an investigation into an alleged data breach involving iiNet subsidiary Westnet.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) this week will be assessing the privacy controls of 44 websites and mobile apps aimed at children aged 12 and under.
Telco industry organisation Communications Alliance says that a ruling by the Privacy Commissioner that will give a journalist access to so-called 'metadata' associated with his mobile phone service has "disturbing ramifications for the telecommunications sector and for its millions of customers throughout Australia".
Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim has called for an improvement in website privacy policies after looking at 20 websites and finding that the median policy length was 3,413 words.
- The role of chief digital officer: Destined to become redundant?
- ADMA bases new code of conduct on self-regulation and customer centricity
- Listen and act on customer data, not competitor intelligence, says Pandora MD
- ANZ CTO: Digital disruption is fundamental change accelerated
- Facebook 'Reactions' test adds six emojis to the Like button