The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to approve new net neutrality rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated public utility, over the objections of the commission's Republican members and large broadband providers.
tim berners-lee - News, Features, and Slideshows
Participants in a Brazil-hosted conference on Internet governance laid out an aggressive agenda, with some calling for a policy statement that would condemn Internet surveillance, support net neutrality regulations and create programs to close the digital divide.
The creator of the World Wide Web warned not to hand over power of his invention to the government.
National Baseball Hall of Fame voters made headlines this week for sending steroid-era players a message by not letting any of them into the Cooperstown shrine this year. Nothing like that's going to happen with the Internet Society's Internet Hall of Fame, which today opens up the nomination process for its class of 2013.
We often consider 21 to be a coming-of-age year, and the World Wide Web's impending 21st birthday will be no different.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.