It was probably inevitable: The New York Times announced Tuesday it will produce one-sentence stories and other content on various topics for the Apple Watch, the day the device first goes on sale on April 24.
The New York Times - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google will submit plans this week to build a new headquarters in Mountain View, Calif.
U.S. officials now believe North Korea is behind the attack that took down Sony Pictures Entertainment's computer network and posted contents on the Internet, but the government hasn't decided whether to formally accuse the country of carrying out the hack, according to <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/world/asia/us-links-north-korea-to-sony-hacking.html">The New York Times</a>.
For the last two months the video-game industry has been embroiled in an ugly outbreak of name-calling and worse. This dustup, called <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2840556/the-charge-of-the-troll-brigade-what-to-know-about-gamergate.html">Gamergate</a>, was named after a hashtag on Twitter, where much of the nasty fight has taken place. It's a battle in which women have been threatened with violence and even death by hardcore gamers. The women's crime, in their eyes: They criticized what they see as the anti-woman, anti-gay, racist nature of games and many people in the industry.
Facebook is preparing to launch a mobile app that would enable users to interact online anonymously.
A major problem with the H-1B debate is the absence of displaced IT workers in news media accounts. Much of the reporting is one-sided -- and there's a reason for this.
As rumors swirl that Twitter is gearing up for an initial public offering (IPO), industry analysts say the timing is right for such a move.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs