As the capabilities of vehicle infotainment systems advance, and consumers come to expect information in real time, new car models are shipping with a basic system based on the Internet of Vehicles (IoV) paradigm.
texas instruments - News, Features, and Slideshows
Raw horsepower has always been important measuring stick for performance of mobile devices and PCs, but it's also important to determine whether applications are written to exploit all the available hardware features.
Texas Instruments and MediaTek have launched new offerings aimed at making it easier to build IoT (Internet of Things) devices with Wi-Fi connectivity.
The Internet of Things is nothing without batteries and plugs. But it's possible to build a sensor network that uses harvested energy that comes from changes in temperature, vibrations, wind and light, as Texas Instruments (TI) will demonstrate at the Consumer Electronics Show in January.
After numerous reports indicated almost a year ago that Ford would do it, the carmaker announced this week that it has moved from Microsoft for Blackberry's QNX OS for its in-vehicle infotainment system known as Sync.
Software development employment has increased over the past 10 years, but not all IT areas have done as well. The number of jobs for engineers fell over the same period.
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!