Telstra - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Telstra reveals Pacnet security breach
- TPG tops Netflix speed rankings
- Telstra's Netflix speed results 'not unusual', telco says
Telstra in pictures
An SQL injection attack allowed third party access to Pacnet’s corporate IT network on 3 April, less than a fortnight before the company's sale to Telstra was finalised on 16 April, the telco revealed today.
Telstra may have come last in Netflix's inaugural comparison of Australian ISP speeds, but that's no surprise according to Mike Wright, the telco's group managing director of networks.
TPG has taken top spot in Netflix's inaugural comparison of the Internet speeds achieved by the streaming service's Australian customers.
Telstra (ASX: TLS) has launched a low-latency network that connects the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) data centre in Sydney with the Singapore Exchange (SGX).
Telco industry organisation Communications Alliance says that a ruling by the Privacy Commissioner that will give a journalist access to so-called 'metadata' associated with his mobile phone service has "disturbing ramifications for the telecommunications sector and for its millions of customers throughout Australia".
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
More subscribers, networks with better coverage and devices that can be used in more countries are converging to make LTE roaming a more viable proposition, with some operators already offering such services on a limited scale and more on the way.
The Telstra Frontier 4G is the first prepaid 4G smartphone in Australia.
We unbox and take a first look at the Motorola RAZR M.
Technology giant Apple recently unveiled the company's latest iPhone -- the iPhone 4S. Featuring an identical physical design to the previous iPhone 4, the iPhone 4S (like the iPhone 3GS before it) is betting on faster performance, a better camera and a new voice recognition service to win over consumers.
- Raiders change strip to support cancer research
- Chromebook sales up 27 per cent to 7.3 million units: Gartner
- Federal Government foreshadows changes to spectrum pricing and allocation
- Seventy per cent of Australian small businesses predict growth in year ahead
- OWASP releases new security standards for app developers
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door
- The old billboard gets the flick as digital OOH advertising takes over
- Ad tech vendors offer new capabilities for customer targeting
- Markets to Metrics: The changing role of the CMO
- How Tesco's loyalty card transformed customer data tracking