telemarketing - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) and Privacy Commissioner, Timothy Pilgrim, have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to work closer together on telecommunications, spam and telemarketing issues.
Telco Service Holdings has been issued with a formal warning after breaching Do Not Call provisions, the Australian Communications and Media Authority revealed today.
Melbourne-based telecommunications company Zone Telecom has paid a $20,400 infringement notice after it emerged that the company's telemarketers called people who are listed on the Do Not Call Register.
It's not clear if the Federal Trade Commission is throwing up its hands at the problem or just wants some new ideas about how to combat it, but the agency is now offering $50,000 to anyone who can create what it calls an innovative way to block illegal commercial robocalls on landlines and mobile phones.
Microsoft Australia has admitted an inability to effectively shut down an Indian-based telemarketing scam which offers users of its Windows operating system virus protection.
- Veritas reveals new company strategy
- Internet Plus will enable and encourage the rise of smart cities: Tencent
- Symantec appoints Ian McAdam as managing director for Pacific region
- Cryptowall 3.0 attacking Australian businesses: Stay Smart Online
- Psoda launches not-for-profit charity initiative in Australia