Cable workers map out telecoms networks
telecoms - News, Features, and Slideshows
telecoms in pictures
Telstra will shut down its GSM network by the end of 2016, the telco's group managing director of networks has revealed.
The future of voice communications may be in 'over the top' applications, but there's life yet in the humble phone number according to the CEO of VoIP provider MyNetFone. Phone numbers "are this invisible glue that everyone takes for granted," Rene Sugo says.
NSW government agencies have been paying too much for telco services according to the results of an audit released today.
Researchers at RMIT University have released the final version of a report into the 2012 fire in Telstra's exchange in Warrnambool, south-west Victoria. The fire, which erupted on 22 November, 2012, knocked out telecommunications for some 20 days, affecting up to 100,000 people in the region.
Australia's number two telco, Optus, has taken issue with elements of proposed deregulation of the telecommunications industry.
Whitepapers about telecoms
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Jetstar talks 'How To' on collaboration tools and PwC plan & refine your collaboration journey | Save your seat today
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.