- CryptoWall ransom Trojan has infected 625,000 systems, says Dell SecureWorks
- Backoff malware infections are more widespread than thought
- How a hacker could cause chaos on city streets
- Can SDN usher in better IT security?
- CryptoWall held over half-a-million computers hostage, encrypted 5 billion files
telecom - News, Features, and Slideshows
- NBN Co aims to serve 1 million premises by next July
- New US$60m undersea cable between Aus and NZ to improve capacity
NBN Co aims to have National Broadband Network service available to about 1 million homes and businesses in financial-year 2014-15, up from 552,000 in FY 2013-14, CEO Bill Morrow said today as the company announced financial results for the 12-month period ended 30 June 2014.
Australian ISP iiNet has returned to organic growth in its most recent financial year, adding 40,000 new broadband customers in the 12-month period ended 30 June 2014.
The "outrageous" size of NBN payments to Telstra is one example of the number one telco's unfair advantage, according to Vodafone CEO Inaki Berroeta.
Vodafone has announced an overhaul of its core IP network to enable voice calls on the telco's 4G network.
An explosion of mobile devices coming from the rise of the Internet of Things could yield massive revenue opportunities for Telstra in the next 12 to 18 months, according to Telstra CEO David Thodey.