- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Thursday, July 2
- DEA agent pleads guilty to accepting Silk Road funds
- VPN users, beware: You may not be as safe as you think you are
- Hacktivist group possibly compromised hundreds of websites
- Report: Every company is compromised, but most infections not yet at critical stage
TCP code - News, Features, and Slideshows
Telstra has paid $102,000 in penalty for an ad that allegedly misrepresented the price of the Apple iPhone 6.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) hopes to cut bill shock with a renewed emphasis in the coming year on enforcing data usage alerts under the Telecommunications Consumer Protection (TCP) code, according to an ACMA official.
Communications Alliance seeks to address “information overload” for telecom customers with fresh revisions to the Telecommunications Consumer Protections (TCP) code.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has slapped 12 telecom companies for failing to comply with its consumer code.
Internet service provider Dodo failed to let customers of its fixed broadband services know that they were approaching their monthly quota limits for data, an Australian Communications and Media Authority investigation has found. As a result, thousands of customers incurred excess usage charges without first receiving a warning.