- Opponents restate security, scope concerns as metadata retention becomes Australian law
- The week in security: Now law in Australia, data retention challenged overseas
- GitHub recovering from massive DDoS attacks
- Eyes on China as massive DDoS on GitHub heads into day three
- 'Largest DDoS attack' in GitHub's history targets anticensorship projects
tasmania - News, Features, and Slideshows
A solar meter programming issue has resulted in 10,000 TasNetworks customers being under-credited for the surplus energy they put back into the utility's grid.
Vodafone Australia will continue to offer call centre services from Tasmania with the opening of a $12 million facility in Hobart.
Staff at Tasmanian not-for-profit, St Giles Society, were able to keep working through a power outage by accessing cloud-hosted emails.
A Coalition chaired parliamentary committee has recommended against passing legislation that would enforce the use of fibre-to-the-premises for the Tasmanian rollout of the National Broadband Network.
NBN Co will soon trial a proposal by Aurora in Tasmania to string fibre along power lines to reach homes, according to NBN Co chairman Ziggy Switkowski.