- Reddit handed over user info for 58% of government requests
- 1Password's update highlights the difference between two-step and two-factor verification
- The end for 1024-bit SSL certificates is near, Mozilla kills a few more
- Carbon Black 5.0 released to help security teams respond faster
- LightCyber rolls out new features for endpoint malware detection platform
tasmania - News, Features, and Slideshows
A Coalition chaired parliamentary committee has recommended against passing legislation that would enforce the use of fibre-to-the-premises for the Tasmanian rollout of the National Broadband Network.
NBN Co will soon trial a proposal by Aurora in Tasmania to string fibre along power lines to reach homes, according to NBN Co chairman Ziggy Switkowski.
Tasmanian Labor this morning unveiled a tech-heavy assortment of policies ahead of the 15 March Tasmanian election, including a study into more optical fibre across Bass Strait, free Wi-Fi hotspots and a commitment to open data.
If Labor wins the 15 March Tasmanian election NBN Co will have free access to the infrastructure of electricity network provider Aurora to roll out fibre, under a policy launched by Premier Lara Giddings today.
The NBN can be built at a lower cost using aerial infrastructure in Tasmania than constructing new cables underground, according to Aurora Energy, the state-owned electricity network provider.
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities
- Mondelez A/NZ head of marketing services takes up China role
- Why social listening platforms are failing