- Hillary Clinton: 'Our technology companies are not part of our government'
- Router malware: Fact or fiction?
- Los Alamos National Lab's R&D fueling new quantum-crypto firm
- Drupal offers bounty for breaking its new two-factor authentication
- Java, Flash and Reader still PC admins' biggest security headaches
symantec - News, Features, and Slideshows
symantec in pictures
Cybercriminals are using a new information-stealing malware program to target companies from the automobile industry in Europe, security researchers warned.
Start-up SentinelOne is offering security software for behavior-based malware detection intended to augment, not replace, the type of full anti-virus endpoint protection suites that typically also have signature-based defense, a firewall and other features.
Fully 70% of federal agencies experienced downtime of 30 minutes or more in a recent one-month period.
Symantec will consolidate its cluttered Norton line of security software, folding nine products into one online service that can be used across desktop computers and mobile devices.
As a safety precaution to prevent SSL server certificates being exploited for network man-in-the-middle attacks on organizations, vendors that issue SSL server certificates will begin adhering to new issuance guidelines as of Nov. 1. These new rules, as described by members of the industry group Certificate Authority/Browser Forum, mean certificate authorities (CAs) will not issue certificates that contain "internal names" and expire after Nov. 1, 2015.
The new Apple-IBM partnership seems sure to help Apple sell more iPads to businesses, but it may also be setting off alarm bells at mobile device management companies large and small.
In these lean times, backups aren't what they used to be; it's inevitable that IT staffers will be called to help, especially when an important issue is brewing.
Dropping prices, fast processing speeds and more user-friendly designs have given a boost to this highly accurate biometric technology.
Microsoft's board of directors wants to wrap up its search for a new CEO before the end of the year, according to Bloomberg, citing anonymous sources close to the action.
At the entrance to The Vault, the most secure room within the most protected building operated by security services provider, Symantec, an iris recognition system stands guard as the last line of defense.
- How PaaS is helping Volkswagen to deliver customer leads on mobile
- Baskin-Robbins appoints new marketing chief and plans customer loyalty overhaul
- Qantas Loyalty won't be sold off, confirms Joyce
- Salesforce renames and revamps Communities service
- How video content is powering 12WBT's member and social media marketing strategy