- Industry can head off IoT privacy rules, former US official says
- Microsoft discloses zero-day flaw, publishes quick fix
- This key drive actually unlocks something: Authentication via USB comes to Chrome
- How the FIDO Alliance's U2F could simplify two-factor authentication
- Google extends two-factor authentication with physical USB keys
Sydney - News, Features, and Slideshows
Sydney in pictures
Eleven Australian startups have been selected for the second intake of the muru-D accelerator program.
Optus and FireEye will invest up to US$50 million (A$57.1 million) on two security operation centres in Sydney and Singapore, both of which will open in Q1, 2015.
Fujitsu Australia has moved its 850 Sydney staff from three locations into one facility at the Macquarie Park technology park in North Sydney. The Oceania office was opened by NSW Minister for Finance and Services, Dominic Perrottet.
Westpac Group opened its $4 million innovation centre, The Hive, in Kogarah, Sydney this week. The 800-metre centre will be used by Westpac Group staff to work on a number of projects including mobile development. It launched a St George Bank mobile banking app MoneyMeter on the Samsung Gear 2 smartwatch at The Hive.
SoftLayer will launch its first Australian data centre next month in Melbourne, the cloud provider and its parent IBM have announced.