- Microsoft takes the ‘ass’ out of Glasshole with a people-blocker
- Mastercard trials voice and face recognition mobile payment technology
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Ping Identity picks up $35 million more in venture funding
- Apple's iOS 8 fixes enterprise Wi-Fi authentication hijacking issue
Sydney - News, Features, and Slideshows
Sydney in pictures
Westpac Group opened its $4 million innovation centre, The Hive, in Kogarah, Sydney this week. The 800-metre centre will be used by Westpac Group staff to work on a number of projects including mobile development. It launched a St George Bank mobile banking app MoneyMeter on the Samsung Gear 2 smartwatch at The Hive.
SoftLayer will launch its first Australian data centre next month in Melbourne, the cloud provider and its parent IBM have announced.
Symantec has invested $12 million in a new office in Kent Street, Sydney.
Global Switch has unveiled a new $300 million data centre called Sydney East to complement its existing facility, Sydney West, in Sydney’s central business district.
Nine of the 10 startups that entered the Telstra muru-D accelerator program have graduated, with eight already securing investors for the next stage.
- Blue Jeans Network launches Command Centre
- Brennan IT takes top honours at Microsoft and HP partner awards
- Hackers hold almost 20,000 Australians to ransom using CryptoWall
- NSW Government telco procurement system saves taxpayer more than $3 million
- Microsoft to deploy new SharePoint solution for Local Government Association of Queensland