- Transform IT security process into business action, CSOs advise
- In Pictures: The biggest Internet security challenges of 2013
- Disqus scrambles after leak fuels Swedish tabloid exposé
- Identity-theft vulnerability fixed in Microsoft Office 365, says security firm
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday reinforces the value of software upgrades
- Amazon drones are 'fantasy,' says eBay CEO
- On snooping disclosures, AT&T and Internet companies are like night and day
- In his own words: Tony Abbott on the NBN
- TPG buys AAPT
- US faces major Internet image problem, former gov't official says
Suse Linux Enterprise (SLE) version 11 and up will come with 10 years of general support instead of the seven years offered up to now, in a move that matches services from competitors.
The top executives leading Cisco's OpenStack efforts today said customers can run the open source cloud computing platform with its Unified Computing System (UCS) and Nexus hardware devices, and that the company will provide advanced support to help customers deploy OpenStack clouds.
In a move to jump ahead of other PaaS (platform as a service) providers in the enterprise space, Red Hat will augment its OpenShift offering with a suite of middleware to ease the process of deploying cloud-based applications.
Everyone's bullish about the future of open-source software in the business world at this year's LinuxCon in New Orleans, as IBM announces a billion-dollar new investment and Linux business use continues to spread.
The newly launched VMware vCloud Hybrid Service will start offering a fully supported Suse Linux Enterprise Server by the end of the year, making it the first commercially supported Linux OS that the cloud service plans to offer.
In the insurance business, everyone's headed into the hinterland. But the cost of every new branch can bite deeply. Here's how going Open Source helped ING Life save US$1.7 million and funded its expansion plans.
Marketers today are consumed by big data, struggling to find meaning and under pressure to use that meaningful data in smart ways to boost results. But many organizations are reluctant to try and use predictive modelling in their campaigns, due to unfamiliarity and the dependence on complex tools – yet with modern, marketing-friendly modelling tools, integrated with campaign management, it is easier than you think. This whitepaper demonstrates how predictive modelling plays a critical role in streamlining the selection process.
DriverScanner scans your computer and provides you with a list of drivers that need to be updated. All you have to do, then, is simply ...
Think back to the last time all your employees were in the office, at their desks, on the same day. It’s no surprise that you might struggle, between travel and off-site meetings, remote staff, flexible schedules and sick days. In today's competitive business climate, organisations need to maintain productivity and connectedness with their staff, despite not always being onsite. In this whitepaper, we look at five ways you can improve productivity, no matter where employees are.
- Facebook performance report signals rising brand engagement on social
- Australia's love of online search advertising continues, finds new report
- Why Shazam is helping advertisers hit the right tune with consumers
- Twitter, the protector of news?
- B2B customers are increasingly led by consumer habits and experience