surveillance - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Greens proposed several amendments to the data retention bill that they said address privacy and security gaps in the legislation.
Twitter received 10 emergency requests for user data from the Australian government in the second half of 2014.
The parliamentary committee overseeing data retention legislation has requested more evidence that companies are unclear as to whether they will be forced to keep customer data under the government's proposed data retention scheme.
The telecom industry has disputed the notion that the government’s proposed data retention regime will not create significant additional costs for the industry.
Swann Communications will next year launch a subscription surveillance service that will see the home CCTV vendor move beyond security and into the Internet of Things.
- Raiders change strip to support cancer research
- Chromebook sales up 27 per cent to 7.3 million units: Gartner
- Federal Government foreshadows changes to spectrum pricing and allocation
- Seventy per cent of Australian small businesses predict growth in year ahead
- OWASP releases new security standards for app developers
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door
- The old billboard gets the flick as digital OOH advertising takes over
- Ad tech vendors offer new capabilities for customer targeting
- Markets to Metrics: The changing role of the CMO
- How Tesco's loyalty card transformed customer data tracking