surveillance - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Greens proposed several amendments to the data retention bill that they said address privacy and security gaps in the legislation.
Twitter received 10 emergency requests for user data from the Australian government in the second half of 2014.
The parliamentary committee overseeing data retention legislation has requested more evidence that companies are unclear as to whether they will be forced to keep customer data under the government's proposed data retention scheme.
The telecom industry has disputed the notion that the government’s proposed data retention regime will not create significant additional costs for the industry.
Swann Communications will next year launch a subscription surveillance service that will see the home CCTV vendor move beyond security and into the Internet of Things.
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split
- French self-driving car goes for a spin around Paris monument