- Expect a surge in new banking malware after software leak
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, July 6
- Leak of ZeusVM malware building tool might cause botnet surge
- Italian surveillance software maker, Hacking Team, allegedly breached
- Bitcoin glitch expected to abate as software upgrades continue
Surface RT - News, Features, and Slideshows
Surface RT in pictures
Windows 8 is just what Microsoft needs to take advantage of the ongoing irreversible shift from PCs to handheld devices including iPads, iPhones and other form factors yet to be designed, according to the company's former OEM chief.
Microsoft's Surface Pro tablet, which will be capable of running regular Windows 8 desktop applications, will be available in the US and Canada from 9 February. However, Microsoft is yet to reveal details of Surface Pro's Australian release.
13 new Windows machines that aren't Surface RT
Microsoft's Surface RT tablet has been consuming daily news cycles lately, but there are plenty of other manufacturers fighting for attention as we approach the Windows 8 launch day on Oct. 26. Luckily, Microsoft's partners (we can still call them that, right?) are all providing some truly unique and intriguing hardware options. They're not getting the attention of Surface RT, but who knows, maybe one of the following 13 machines is really the new Windows device to beat. After all, we only gave Surface RT 3.5 stars out of a scale of 5. We start our tour of Surface alternatives with the Asus Vivo Tab RT, shown here.
- Psoda launches not-for-profit charity initiative in Australia
- Schneider Electric and Cisco ink partnership for resilient control system networks
- Organisations need a more centralised data strategy: Commvault
- Bluechip Infotech acquires MPA Systems' Cyberoam business
- Oracle: How partners can make the most out of Cloud ERP services
- Privacy group files FTC complaint to push Google to extend right to be forgotten to US
- US judge dimisses second conviction of ex-Goldman Sachs coder
- Samsung profit squeezed by Galaxy S6 shortage
- Reddit CEO Ellen Pao tries to calm furor with huge 'mea culpa'
- Instagram bumps up photo resolution to 1080 pixels