Staples - News, Features, and Slideshows
The data breach at the Staples office-supply chain may have affected roughly 1.16 million payment cards as criminals deployed malware to point-of-sale systems at 115 stores, the company said Friday.
Following a <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2847857/mobile-security/u-s-government-issues-alert-about-apple-ios-masque-attack-threat.html">U.S. government warning about an iPhone and iPad security threat dubbed Masque Attack</a>, Apple has issued a statement assuring customers that they're probably okay.
Staples for Black Friday 2014 will not only be offering deep discounts on older iPads, but will let you buy them via <a href="http://investor.staples.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=96244&p=irol-newsArticle&id=1965365">Apple Pay</a> at some 1,400 retail locations.
Google announced that book buyers in three metropolitan areas in the U.S. will be able to order books from local Barnes & Noble stores and get them delivered the same day with Google Shopping Express, the company's fledgling online shopping and delivery service.
Visa announced a new simplified digital payment service called Visa Checkout, which is designed to allow customers to pay quickly for goods online on any connected device.
The ASUS X205 is one of three Windows 8.1 notebooks, all released in November, designed to halt the encroachment of <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2290210/wireless/119373-8-reasons-why-Chromebooks-aren-t-going-away.html">Chromebooks</a> into the low-end Windows notebook market. (The other two are the HP Stream 11 and HP Stream 13.)
- Toyota funds AI research to build autonomous cars
- Uber links to sensitive ride data now expire after 48 hours
- Connected homes, smartwatches and gaming PCs dominate IFA in Berlin
- Dropbox's head of enterprise says collaboration will set it apart
- Microsoft kills off some of Nokia's apps for Windows Phone
- AOL acquires Millennial Media to bolster in-app and mobile smarts
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC