- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
- Microsoft misses Windows bug, hackers slip past patch
- Accused text-message spammers to pay $9 million in settlement
- Nationwide apologises for online and mobile banking outage
- Teradata: We must nail the data privacy issue and not rely on governments
speeds - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australia has fallen in broadband connectivity rankings measured by Akamai, according to the company’s latest State of the Internet report.
Telstra says it has managed to hit mobile speeds of 450 megabits per second in a trial of LTE advanced (LTE-A) carrier aggregation.
Australia could follow the US and other countries in releasing a periodic report on broadband performance.
Telstra announced plans to expand 4G coverage to cover 85 per cent of the Australian population by this Christmas.
Vodafone Hutchison Australia said it hit 67Mbps download speeds during tests of its upcoming 4G LTE network, but actual speeds may be lower at launch.
- Xiaomi moving data outside China following privacy concerns
- At Austin airport, Wi-Fi predicts how long the security line will be
- Twitter weaves Fabric, but will developers be drawn in?
- AT&T signed up 500,000 cars for its 4G network last quarter
- Debian community splits over systemd, but fork still unlikely