- Google reports a 19% jump in US government data requests
- Yahoo slams new 'digital will' law in US, says users have privacy when they die
- Open-source project promises easy-to-use encryption for email, instant messaging and more
- How network virtualization is used as a security tool
- Australia's cloud appetite fed by big data: new WatchGuard head
speed - News, Features, and Slideshows
Bell Labs, the research arm of networking company Alcatel-Lucent, has achieved broadband speeds of 10 gigabits per second over copper phone lines, setting a new record. The test demonstrates how existing copper networks can be used to deliver 1Gbps symmetrical broadband, according to Alcatel-Lucent.
The Cat 4 tablet from Vodafone and Huawei promises faster 4G speeds than other LTE-capable devices. But is it faster really?
Vodafone’s new 4G network provides blazing speeds outdoors, but in a test of the network Techworld Australia found widely fluctuating speeds and occasional drops to the 3G network.
Faster mobile data has arrived for Vodafone customers, with the telco announcing today it has switched on its 4G network in several cities across Australia.
- Why leaders need to balance intuition with data analytics
- Optus claims world-first with Facebook trending campaign launching pre-paid offer
- Report: Customer data analysis is up, but execs still rely on intuition for strategic decisions
- US retailer Kohl's develops prototype to predict shopping trolley abandonment
- Google acquires online survey specialist Polar