- As hacks mount, October's cybersecurity push refocuses urgency for user, executive engagement
- As Stagefright 2.0 emerges, HTC can’t commit to monthly Android patches
- The week in security: Kmart, DJs hacked as report confirms Target ignored security basics
- IP camera makers pressure researcher to cancel security talk
- Kmart Australia calls in police over security breach
speed - News, Features, and Slideshows
Devices on the edge of the network are holding back performance of IPv6, according to networking industry officials on a panel at APNIC 38.
Bell Labs, the research arm of networking company Alcatel-Lucent, has achieved broadband speeds of 10 gigabits per second over copper phone lines, setting a new record. The test demonstrates how existing copper networks can be used to deliver 1Gbps symmetrical broadband, according to Alcatel-Lucent.
The Cat 4 tablet from Vodafone and Huawei promises faster 4G speeds than other LTE-capable devices. But is it faster really?
Vodafone’s new 4G network provides blazing speeds outdoors, but in a test of the network Techworld Australia found widely fluctuating speeds and occasional drops to the 3G network.
Faster mobile data has arrived for Vodafone customers, with the telco announcing today it has switched on its 4G network in several cities across Australia.
Whitepapers about speed
The Dell Engineered Solutions for VMware EVO: RAIL is a pre-configured, fully integrated, hyper-converged appliance designed to help you deploy applications faster, scale up and down easier, and better manage infrastructure and workload delivery. This turnkey integrated system can deploy VMs in only minutes from the moment you power up. The solution scales quickly to meet growing user and business needs. And the system delivers greater ease of use thanks to an intuitive and integrated user interface that simplifies configuration and management.
- Large organisations are immature in embracing end-user computing: Dimension Data
- Vintek expands into Canberra and Singapore
- Vix Technology wins $US30m contract with Dallas transit operator
- SkyFii converts two pilot clients to billing customers
- Aspect Software appoints Luke McNamara as regional sales manager