TPG is set to become a Singapore mobile carrier. The Australian telco announced today that it had successfully picked up spectrum in an auction staged by Singapore’s Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA).
spectrum - News, Features, and Slideshows
TPG could potentially pick up a significant chunk of spectrum in the 700MHz band, boosting its ability to roll out a 4G mobile network, under rules set by the government for an upcoming auction.
TPG says it welcomes a decision by the government to ditch previously mooted plans to sell spectrum in the 700MHz band to Vodafone Hutchison Australia.
The government will hold a new auction for 2x15MHz of spectrum in the 700MHz band that remained unsold after the 2013 Digital Dividend auction.
Vodafone will switch off its 2G GSM network on 30 September 2017, the telco announced this morning.
Wi-Fi may be the networking method of choice among apartment blocks cropping up in increased numbers in Australia’s major cities, however increased reliance on wireless internet is resulting in more security risks, according to Layer 10 Consulting.
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Top insights from the Cisco Annual Cyber Security Report 2017. Watch Video
- Discover security insights, key findings, and the latest cybersecurity threats taken from threat intelligence. Access the full report now
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow