- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 processor gets technology to secure Android phones
- The week in security: The end of Flash ads; Bounty offered as Ashley Madison fallout continues
- 'KeyRaider' iOS malware targets jailbroken devices
- Russian-speaking hackers breach 97 websites, many of them dating ones
- US agency to seek consensus on divisive, volatile topic of security vulnerability disclosures
spectrum - News, Features, and Slideshows
Industry groups Communications Alliance and the Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association (AMTA) have backed the government's move to implement the main recommendations of the spectrum review.
Optus will shut down its 2G network in April 2017, the telco revealed today.
More spectrum will be made available in the 1800MHz band for mobile broadband services, the government said today.
A review into Australia's spectrum management framework has recommended introducing new rules that will increase the opportunities to share and trade spectrum.
Optus reached 4G download speeds of 480 Mbps in a test using carrier aggregation methods on four channels of spectrum.
Wi-Fi may be the networking method of choice among apartment blocks cropping up in increased numbers in Australia’s major cities, however increased reliance on wireless internet is resulting in more security risks, according to Layer 10 Consulting.