spectrum - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australia will consider reverse auctions of broadcasting spectrum akin to the approach legislated three years ago by the US, according to Paul Fletcher, parliamentary secretary to the minister for communications.
The government will ask the Productivity Commission to undertake a cost-benefit analysis of the best way to provide mobile broadband to public safety agencies by 2020.
The government has formally proposed a single licensing framework for spectrum in a directions paper released today.
The government should not apply market-based pricing to spectrum needed for public safety and national security as part of its spectrum reform, according to the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
Optus has upgraded its 4G network in four capital cities in Australia with the launch of LTE-Advanced (LTE-A) carrier aggregation technology.
Wi-Fi may be the networking method of choice among apartment blocks cropping up in increased numbers in Australia’s major cities, however increased reliance on wireless internet is resulting in more security risks, according to Layer 10 Consulting.
- Microsoft to business: Don't worry about Windows 10, consumers will test it
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- NEC aims at Big Data 'sweet spot' with new SAP Hana tool
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities