- Personal data on 50,000 Uber drivers exposed in breach
- White House privacy proposal aims to give consumers control over data
- Lenovo to flush 'crapware' from its consumer PCs after Superfish sin
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, February 27
- Insurance firm Staysure fined £175,000 for 'unbelievable' credit card hack
spectrum - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australia’s telecom regulator will move forward a proposal to auction off spectrum in the regional 1800 MHz band to telcos for enhanced 4G LTE services.
Australia will consider reverse auctions of broadcasting spectrum akin to the approach legislated three years ago by the US, according to Paul Fletcher, parliamentary secretary to the minister for communications.
The government will ask the Productivity Commission to undertake a cost-benefit analysis of the best way to provide mobile broadband to public safety agencies by 2020.
The government has formally proposed a single licensing framework for spectrum in a directions paper released today.
The government should not apply market-based pricing to spectrum needed for public safety and national security as part of its spectrum reform, according to the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
Wi-Fi may be the networking method of choice among apartment blocks cropping up in increased numbers in Australia’s major cities, however increased reliance on wireless internet is resulting in more security risks, according to Layer 10 Consulting.
- IN PICTURES: Samsung Unpacked in Barcelona - Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
- Telstra to deploy Ericsson LTE-Broadcast capability on 4GX
- Bulletproof revenues up 46 per cent, AWS plays significant role
- 5 For 15: Brent Thurrell, BeyondTrust vice-president EMEA & APAC
- NEXTDC wins worldwide award for design excellence
- CIO, CMO take top two posts at Myer following Brookes' departure
- CommBank CMO adds strategy to her executive marketing responsibilities
- Companies don’t have policies to disrupt traditional business models: Forrester’s McQuivey
- Oppy appointed marketing chief at CUB
- Drink manufacturer Diageo pilots 'smart bottle' for Johnnie Walker Blue Label