- Kimberly Clark names new CISO
- Lavaboom builds encrypted webmail service to resist snooping
- Financial services firms to increase cyber security budgets this year, PwC claims
- Oracle identifies products affected by Heartbleed, but work remains on fixes
- LaCie warns hackers may have customer info, credit cards after year-long breach
- Telco deregulation: Price controls, phone sex on the table
- NBN Co hits 105Mbps in limited FTTN trial
- Cyclone cuts through telecom networks in Queensland
- It's war: NBN Co responds to TPG's FTTB rollout
- 10 Big Data startups to watch
spam in pictures
Google should provide an accessible alternative to reCAPTCHA, the company’s online test to prevent bots from posting spam to websites, said the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Spam Act, saying that it has helped reduce the amount of spam emails Australians receive.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has given a formal warning to ACRIS Services for sending marketing emails that did not comply with the Spam Act.
Minardi Pty Limited, which owns Melbourne nightclub Brown Alley, has been fined $15,000 for sending promotional SMS messages that did not comply with the Spam Act.
Grays (NSW) Pty Limited, which runs the GraysOnline shopping websites, has been ordered to pay a $165,000 infringement notice after sending marketing emails that did not comply with the Spam Act.
Good citizens of technological America, this story is not for you.
Tami asked the Antivirus & Security Software forum why friends are receiving spam that appears to come from her.
PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
Most of us don't like paying for antivirus (AV) software, but at least home users can rely on one of the free options, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, avast!, or AVG Free.
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
Microsoft has sued a Hong Kong seller of mobile ringtones, saying the company used phishing techniques to flood Microsoft Live Messenger users with spam messages.
An overwhelming majority of Web sites promoted through spam are hosted in China at service providers that many times choose to ignore complaints and allow illegal activity, according to research from the University of Alabama.
IT departments have a huge opportunity to make their enterprises more agile, cost efficient and competitive by embracing the opportunities available through mobile devices and connectivity. Embracing mobility doesn't have to be complicated or costly - this report tells you how.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.
- Broadband Solutions offers unified solution for hotel phone and web access
- Liberal NBN plan unable to deliver tele-health: Jason Clare
- TPG fined $400,000 for blocking triple O call
- Public Cloud benefits can no longer be ignored: Bulletproof
- Central Coast NBN Fibre-to-the-Node trial delivers 105 Mbps
- Crowdsource guide ranks marketing automation platforms by user recommendations and company size
- Data and analytics top spending list for marketers in Australasia
- Dell, Expedia share how they're striving to improve customer engagement
- Microsoft launches toolset for capturing 'ambient intelligence'
- Twitter brings the data back home by acquiring Gnip