Southern Cross - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Federal Government has injected $80 million into four Australian venture capital funds, with the aim of stimulating innovation and accelerating commercialisation in early stage Australian companies.
Australian ISP Internode today announced a newly signed agreement with international bandwidth wholesaler, Southern Cross Cable Network. The new agreement will provide an additional 2.5 gigabits per second (Gbps) capacity on Southern Cross' international fibre.
Australia needs to invest in more international submarine cable links to cater for continued growth in Internet traffic and to provide greater redundancy, according to two leading analysts.
- Google to bring imaging, sensor technology to the operating room
- 5 freshly-funded cloud computing companies worth watching
- Why Meerkat and Periscope are the next big challenge for marketers
- USB Type-C peripherals are on the way, and storage devices are first up
- Microsoft should forget the Surface, stick to the Pro 2-in-1 line