- Hacked celebrities 'dumb', says proposed EU digital commissioner
- Malware program targets Hong Kong protesters using Apple devices
- Google triples bug bounty reward range to $15,000
- Security experts scrambling on Shellshock vulnerability as exploits begin
- Shellshock flaw could pose risks to payments industry
software licensing - News, Features, and Slideshows
Renewing contracts for bulk licensing of Microsoft products may be costing businesses millions of dollars for products and services they likely won't need before the contracts run out, says an expert who helps customers negotiate the agreements.
Gartner recently predicted that 25% of organizations will have their own app store by 2017, and while app stores can improve flexibility and empower staff, once the floodgates open it can be incredibly difficult for enterprises to manage software licensing, control entitlement and track actual software usage.
Business Software Alliance (BSA) Australia is encouraging companies and individuals to invest in cloud-based software as a way to track compliance and save money.
Juniper Networks at long last has laid out its software-defined networking (SDN) strategy, which includes a revamped software licensing plan that the company says will change its business model and differentiate it from competitors.
Microsoft will make businesses pay 15% more for licenses that let workers access servers from as many devices as they want, which - depending on how workers do their jobs - may still be cheaper than the alternative.
Between complex licenses and the cloud, Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP have lots of ways to hike up prices. Here's how to fight back
On the surface, Cisco and Juniper's SDN strategies seem to have sharp contrasts if recent announcements are any indication.
Navigating Microsoft's complex rules and programs for software licensing has been notoriously difficult for businesses -- a pain point not lost on the company, which for years has said it is trying to simplify the process for customers.
- Marketo launches digital marketing research institute; agency partner program
- How CMOs can make big data relevant to the sales team
- CPA Australia outlines 7-step personalisation strategy for digital engagement
- Digital agencies — brand custodians?
- Australian social ad spend to hit $706.3m in five years: Forrester