social engineering - News, Features, and Slideshows
social engineering in pictures
Consumers in Australia and around the world have fallen for a social engineering link promising a free download of Transformers 4, 22 Jump Street or Maleficent.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is warning individuals and businesses alike to be wary of online scammers who try to win people’s trust before asking them for personal details or money.
Whether it is on the phone, online or in person, here are ten lies hackers, phishers and social engineers will tell you to get what they want
Receiving an email to connect to someone on LinkedIn turned out to be a social engineering experiment that Trend Micro's global field enablement vice president, Blake Sutherland, will never forget.
Hackers are adapting distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks and combining these with social engineering tactics to try and infiltrate banks during 2013, warns Gartner.
Social engineering, the act of tricking people into giving up sensitive information, is nothing new. Convicted hacker Kevin Mitnick made a name for himself by cold-calling staffers at major U.S. companies and talking them into giving him information. But today's criminals are having a heyday using e-mail and social networks. A well-written phishing message or virus-laden spam campaign is a cheap, effective way for criminals to get the data they need.
The perpetual proliferation of botnets is hardly surprising when one considers just how easy it is for the bad guys to hijack computers without tipping off the users.
Whitepapers about social engineering
Securities firms must navigate a range of opportunities and pitfalls to stay ahead of the competition. You have to deliver services across multiple devices and platforms, day and night, to both customers and employees. Unless these services deliver the latest, most accurate information, traders and firms can quickly lose the edge to competitors—along with revenue opportunities.
- MSPs are in an increasingly fragmented environment: GFI Max
- Dicker Data net profit down 43 per cent in full year results
- Don’t forget devices in unified communications sales: Jabra
- Australian bitcoin company launches first online exchange in United Arab Emirates
- Nutanix raises $US140 million in new funding
- Germany's IFA show, debut ground for numerous new products, hits 90 years old
- Amid dueling lawsuits, state needs Oracle's help with health-insurance site transition
- First mobile device with MIPS 64-bit processor coming in 2016
- iPhone 6 rumor rollup for the week ending Aug. 30
- Four smartphone OSs fighting for survival