shuttle - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Ubuntu Edge, an innovative smartphone concept that is designed to double as a dockable PC, appears unlikely to meet its $32 million funding goal by the IndieGoGo campaign deadline of 11:59 p.m. PST.
Smartphones running the open source Ubuntu operating system will start shipping in October, although it isn't clear if they will be available in the U.S., according to a report.
Ubuntu is now a full-fledged smartphone operating system, featuring a host of platform-specific features and an innovative new interface, Canonical announced today.
A teaser on the home page of popular Linux distribution Ubuntu hints at a major new smartphone and tablet-related release, as time ticks down to an announcement set for 1 p.m. EST.
Activist and free software guru Richard Stallman on Friday hammered Ubuntu for including what he termed spyware in new versions of the popular open-source operating system and urged GNU and Linux users to avoid the distribution.
HP, Asus, Shuttle, and MSI have all unveiled stylish new touch screen-capable all-in-one PCs at CES 2009.
- CMO Interview: How McDonald's is putting customer centricity back on the menu
- The visible expert: How to create industry stars, and why every CMO should care
- Twitter CFO floats idea of newspaper-like 'daily edition'
- Changing culture key to achieving digital agility
- OpenText CMO: Role of marketing technologist will be short lived