Senator Scott Ludlam - News, Features, and Slideshows
A data sharing agreement between the FBI and Telstra marks a major invasion of Australians’ privacy, according to Senator Scott Ludlam.
The blocking of 1200 websites by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission has set off calls for tighter controls on the federal government.
The Senate has beat back a Pirate Party petition against a proposed data retention law under consideration by the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Intelligence and Security.
A parliamentary inquiry has highlighted serious concerns with the government's Cybercrime Legislation Amendment Bill 2011, which is intended to allow Australia to accede to the Council of Europe Convention on Cybercrime.
Two key bills to be reintroduced to Parliament this week could result in increased pressure on the Federal Government to explain a number of decisions it has made on its National Broadband Network (NBN) in the past several months.
- Why Facebook Messenger will fail as a 'platform'
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split