- Sprint, Windstream traffic routing errors hijacked other ISPs
- New malware spreads over Twitch chat, targets Steam accounts
- Isles of Scilly council dragged over coals by Information Commissioner for letting documents slip
- Researcher disputes report BlackPOS used in Home Depot, Target attacks
- IDF 2014: Developers must address security and privacy concerns as IoT grows
Senator Scott Ludlam - News, Features, and Slideshows
A data sharing agreement between the FBI and Telstra marks a major invasion of Australians’ privacy, according to Senator Scott Ludlam.
The blocking of 1200 websites by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission has set off calls for tighter controls on the federal government.
The Senate has beat back a Pirate Party petition against a proposed data retention law under consideration by the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Intelligence and Security.
A parliamentary inquiry has highlighted serious concerns with the government's Cybercrime Legislation Amendment Bill 2011, which is intended to allow Australia to accede to the Council of Europe Convention on Cybercrime.
Two key bills to be reintroduced to Parliament this week could result in increased pressure on the Federal Government to explain a number of decisions it has made on its National Broadband Network (NBN) in the past several months.
- Netapp set to appoint second Australian distributor
- Avnet inks Informatica distribution deal
- Canberra Data Centres signs Digital Realty Trust expansion deal
- Business concerned about 'knock-on' costs of Federal Government data retention crackdown
- Thiess signs NBN contract to connect 170,000 premises per year
- Optus claims world-first with Facebook trending campaign launching pre-paid offer
- Report: Customer data analysis is up, but execs still rely on intuition for strategic decisions
- US retailer Kohl's develops prototype to predict shopping trolley abandonment
- Google acquires online survey specialist Polar
- Permission-based programmatic advertising taps into customer data disclosure trend