security risks - News, Features, and Slideshows
Compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) amongst Australian retailers needs to improve due to insecure practices according to Dell Software SecureWorks general manager Simon Ractliffe.
Thousands of NSW state election votes submitted to iVote may have been affected by a server vulnerability according to two security researchers who discovered the issue.
Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Auditor-General Doctor Maxine Cooper’s security audit has found that some ACT government agencies could be vulnerable due to weak passwords, shared accounts and lack of audit log reviews.
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) is warning Australians not to respond to an email which claims that someone tried to access their personal bank account.
A new report into malware by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has found that 10 per cent of Australians who access the Internet at home don’t use any security software.
Whitepapers about security risks
When considering whether or not to move to the cloud, there’s many questions you need to consider, and it’s unlikely that any single vendor will provide all the answers. This whitepaper provides your organisation a detailed list of security considerations to discuss both internally and with transparent vendors. Finding the right answers will help you develop a proper risk assessment and make informed decisions about cloud computing in your business.
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- FBI Director entreats tech firms to release encrypted data used in crimes and terror
- Maxus Worldwide launches new marketing tech consultancy
- Cricket Australia deploys Prime Focus Technologies solution to manage digital content assets
- Why big data is the capital driving the digital age
- 8 ways to avoid fads, gimmicks and shiny martech toys
- What the hell is the difference between ad tech and marketing tech?