security risks - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Auditor-General Doctor Maxine Cooper’s security audit has found that some ACT government agencies could be vulnerable due to weak passwords, shared accounts and lack of audit log reviews.
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) is warning Australians not to respond to an email which claims that someone tried to access their personal bank account.
A new report into malware by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has found that 10 per cent of Australians who access the Internet at home don’t use any security software.
Metadata – 'data about data' such as the non-image-related information stored when people snap a photo on a digital camera – should be used to label corporate information according to one US security specialist.
Whitepapers about security risks
When considering whether or not to move to the cloud, there’s many questions you need to consider, and it’s unlikely that any single vendor will provide all the answers. This whitepaper provides your organisation a detailed list of security considerations to discuss both internally and with transparent vendors. Finding the right answers will help you develop a proper risk assessment and make informed decisions about cloud computing in your business.
- New Vocus/Amcom entity will have initial personnel restructure
- Schneider Electric wins 2014 Platts Global Energy Award
- New undersea cable to link Australia and New Zealand
- Communications service providers will face heavy capex in coming years: Ovum
- Sony Pictures cancels Christmas day release of 'The Interview' following hacks
- Infographic: Top digital trends in 2015
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Melbourne Stars look to fan engagement with mobile marketing offer
- Forget 2015: Bing already knows which people, products and trends will win next year
- Predictive analytics for the masses gets closer with vendor investments