- Mastercard trials voice and face recognition mobile payment technology
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Ping Identity picks up $35 million more in venture funding
- Apple's iOS 8 fixes enterprise Wi-Fi authentication hijacking issue
- Why CSO pay is too low in San Francisco, New York
security risks - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Auditor-General Doctor Maxine Cooper’s security audit has found that some ACT government agencies could be vulnerable due to weak passwords, shared accounts and lack of audit log reviews.
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) is warning Australians not to respond to an email which claims that someone tried to access their personal bank account.
A new report into malware by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has found that 10 per cent of Australians who access the Internet at home don’t use any security software.
Metadata – 'data about data' such as the non-image-related information stored when people snap a photo on a digital camera – should be used to label corporate information according to one US security specialist.
Whitepapers about security risks
When considering whether or not to move to the cloud, there’s many questions you need to consider, and it’s unlikely that any single vendor will provide all the answers. This whitepaper provides your organisation a detailed list of security considerations to discuss both internally and with transparent vendors. Finding the right answers will help you develop a proper risk assessment and make informed decisions about cloud computing in your business.
- Blue Jeans Network launches Command Centre
- Brennan IT takes top honours at Microsoft and HP partner awards
- Hackers hold almost 20,000 Australians to ransom using CryptoWall
- NSW Government telco procurement system saves taxpayer more than $3 million
- Microsoft to deploy new SharePoint solution for Local Government Association of Queensland