- Mastercard trials voice and face recognition mobile payment technology
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Ping Identity picks up $35 million more in venture funding
- Apple's iOS 8 fixes enterprise Wi-Fi authentication hijacking issue
- Why CSO pay is too low in San Francisco, New York
security industry - News, Features, and Slideshows
security industry in pictures
David Higgins has been hired as WatchGuard Technologies’ new Australian and New Zealand country manager following the departure of Pat Devlin in July 2014.
Akamai Technologies, whose network handles up to 30 percent of all Internet traffic, said Sunday a researcher found a fault in custom code that the company thought shielded most of its customers from the Heartbleed bug.
Symantec Australia held its annual symposium at the Sydney convention centre. Delegates heard insights from Symantec's Brenton Smith, Sean Kopelke and Fujitsu’s John Kaleski.
Arbor Networks has acquired Australian security analytics firm Packetloop and is set to hire 12 new staff for a Sydney research and development centre.
Plans to build an Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) have been slammed by the Opposition for containing few details about how the ACSC will be funded or staffed.
Whitepapers about security industry
Any size organization can be a target, generally because of weak authentication. Password-only protection is simply too risky. In addition, stolen passwords were responsible for major thefts of records from Best Buy and Twitter. This paper will show why any size organization can be a target; and how the legal and threat environment—combined with BYOD and cost factors—make multi-factor, risk based authentication the logical approach to solving the problem.
- Blue Jeans Network launches Command Centre
- Brennan IT takes top honours at Microsoft and HP partner awards
- Hackers hold almost 20,000 Australians to ransom using CryptoWall
- NSW Government telco procurement system saves taxpayer more than $3 million
- Microsoft to deploy new SharePoint solution for Local Government Association of Queensland