- Arrests made after international cyber-ring targets StubHub
- Dutch spy agencies can receive NSA data, court rules
- Apple tech note illuminates purported 'backdoor' services
- BlackBerry offers BES10 as a hosted service through partners
- File-encrypting Android ransomware 'Simplocker' targets English-speaking users
security industry - News, Features, and Slideshows
security industry in pictures
Akamai Technologies, whose network handles up to 30 percent of all Internet traffic, said Sunday a researcher found a fault in custom code that the company thought shielded most of its customers from the Heartbleed bug.
Symantec Australia held its annual symposium at the Sydney convention centre. Delegates heard insights from Symantec's Brenton Smith, Sean Kopelke and Fujitsu’s John Kaleski.
Arbor Networks has acquired Australian security analytics firm Packetloop and is set to hire 12 new staff for a Sydney research and development centre.
Plans to build an Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) have been slammed by the Opposition for containing few details about how the ACSC will be funded or staffed.
This article provides you with an overview of the current state of application security testing. Some of the challenges with application security testing include ensuring adequate coverage of black-box application testing, false negative issues with white box testing using automated source code analysis software and the lack of experience in the security industry with testing of client side applications.
Whitepapers about security industry
Any size organization can be a target, generally because of weak authentication. Password-only protection is simply too risky. In addition, stolen passwords were responsible for major thefts of records from Best Buy and Twitter. This paper will show why any size organization can be a target; and how the legal and threat environment—combined with BYOD and cost factors—make multi-factor, risk based authentication the logical approach to solving the problem.
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption
- CMOs and CIOs are getting along better, but increasingly frustrated with execution