science - News, Features, and Slideshows
Three university researchers, two in Japan and one in the United States, have been awarded the 2014 Nobel Prize in Physics for their invention in the early 1990s of the blue light-emitting diode (LED), an energy efficient breakthrough in producing longer-lasting white light.
The U.S. Congress should take action to slow a skyrocketing number of "deceptive" patent infringement demand letters sent from patent licensing firms to small businesses, witnesses told a Senate committee.
AARNet's new fibre network for science and research in SA and WA can hit transmission speeds of 8 Tbps.
The Australian government has awarded a total of $19 million in funding grants to organisations involved with the design of the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) project.
An international team of astronomers has used the CSIRO-run Australia Telescope Compact Array in NSW to measure the cooling of the universe since the Big Bang.
- Meltdown! New Periscope iPhone app live streams ice cream factory's end
- Court throws out lawsuit over storage on iPhones, iPads
- Facebook speeds iPhone app dev wih React Native
- Facebook wants to blur lines between reality and virtual reality
- Microsoft name games continue as 'universal apps' become 'Windows apps'