SCAMwatch - News, Features, and Slideshows
As the NBN rollout continues around Australia, scammers are taking advantage of the situation by contacting consumers and claiming that they need bank account details in order to get services over the NBN.
Criminals have managed to siphon a total of $600,000 out of Australian businesses by posing as suppliers and requesting payment be sent to a new bank account via email, says SCAMwatch.
As the year winds down, it’s time to look back at some of the financial scams that targeted Australians in 2014.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has apologised after the addresses of subscribers to some of the ACC's information alert services were published online.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s SCAMwatch is warning people not to click on spam emails which claim to contain links to websites with information about the Boston Marathon explosions.
- Why Facebook Messenger will fail as a 'platform'
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split