The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is warning consumers and businesses to watch out for a fake parcel delivery scam email which purports to be from Australia Post or FedEx.
scams and hoaxes - News, Features, and Slideshows
A convincing social engineering scam which targeted Centrify employees in 2014 and 2015 can be avoided if companies take steps to carefully check emails which ask for money transfers, says CEO Tom Kemp.
Scammers have sent emails to Australian users claiming they can fast track a free upgrade to Windows 10 if the user follows a link and downloads an install program, according to Scamwatch.
Email, Internet and phone-based scams have cost Australians $45 million so far in 2015 according to a half year report released by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
As the NBN rollout continues around Australia, scammers are taking advantage of the situation by contacting consumers and claiming that they need bank account details in order to get services over the NBN.
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Check your Future Risk