scams and hoaxes - News, Features, and Slideshows
As the NBN rollout continues around Australia, scammers are taking advantage of the situation by contacting consumers and claiming that they need bank account details in order to get services over the NBN.
An email scam offering people a job working from home for Australia Post should be deleted straight away, warned the postal service today.
Criminals have managed to siphon a total of $600,000 out of Australian businesses by posing as suppliers and requesting payment be sent to a new bank account via email, says SCAMwatch.
As the year winds down, it’s time to look back at some of the financial scams that targeted Australians in 2014.
New identities, fake passports and social security cards have emerged on the hacker market in 2014 as criminals look for more ways to commit fraud, according to a new report by Dell SecureWorks.
- Bain and Company: Treat customer advocacy as a management system
- The humble shopping list gets the flick with Woolworths’ new smart watch app
- What the Internet of Things means to marketers
- Oracle bolsters Marketing Cloud to show CMOs the big picture
- Target: Emotional social vital to customer experience management