- Apple turns on iCloud two-step verification after nude selfie scandal
- Hackers accessed Goodwill hosting provider for 18 months before card breach
- Cybercriminals target online retail businesses
- Citadel financial malware used in attacking petrochemical companies
- NSA reform bill stalled with Congress headed toward fall recess
scams and hoaxes - News, Features, and Slideshows
National Australia Bank (NAB) is warning customers to delete an SMS message that claims unusual activity has been detected on their bank account.
An automated call scam that phones people up and claims that they have won a travel prize is still dialling people, five months after Qantas first alerted customers about it.
A cold calling scam called Windows Event Viewer or `eventvwr’ is still targeting Australians, five years on from Computerworld Australia’s 2009 investigation.
Australia Post has warned customers not to open a scam email that claims a courier could not deliver a parcel to their address.
A cyber attack against dating website operator Cupid Media, which led to the details of 254,000 Australian users being stolen, could have been prevented if the company had password encryption measures, found Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim.