- Microsoft ordered to turn over customer data stored in the cloud
- Phishing scam at RMIT
- Life-tracking devices fail privacy, security tests: Symantec
- World Cup fans embrace in-match WiFi, but in-stadium services a security target
satellite - News, Features, and Slideshows
satellite in pictures
Australian satellite firm NewSat, (ASX: NWT) has signed an $12.5 million (US$11.7 million) contract for the supply of Jabiru-2 satellite transmission capacity over Australia, Papua New Guinea, Timor Leste and the Solomon Islands.
Labor disregarded history as it developed its satellite policy for the National Broadband Network, Parliamentary Secretary for Communications, Paul Fletcher, claimed today.
AT&T has approached satellite provider DirecTV about a possible acquisition, in a bid to more closely integrate TV and broadband services, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Optus's tenth satellite — the creatively named Optus 10 — will launch next month, the telco announced this morning. Optus 10, which is expected to last more than 15 years, will increase resilience and bandwidth of the telco's satellite fleet, Optus said in a statement.
Planet Labs, a satellite imaging startup formed by ex-NASA engineers, has applied for permission to more than double the number of satellites it has in orbit.
In-flight cellular in the U.S. may be closer to reality than some consumers realize, with foreign airlines poised to extend services they already offer elsewhere. But evidence from overseas suggests the odds of being trapped next to a chronic caller are slim.
In the olden days, the ancients recognized Seven Wonders of the World; but thanks to Google Earth, you can now spot thousands of "I wonder what it is" head scratchers.
Making the most of natural resources of farms is critical in today’s environment, where rainfalls are becoming ever so scarce.
- McKinsey details 5 ways CMOs can spearhead business leadership
- Digital delivery lies at the heart of customer centricity, says AMP director
- Friday infographic: Who rules social channels for marketing, customer service?
- In a hyper-social world, some seek a little privacy
- Chatswood Chase reveals customer insights from iBeacon trial