samsung - News, Features, and Slideshows
- AGL tests virtual reality for employee training
- MWC 2015: Galaxy S6 and Edge feature plums for workers and IT shops
samsung in pictures
BARCELONA: With the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge, Samsung is making a concerted effort to attract workers as potential buyers and to win the hearts of IT managers who have to wrangle with enterprise smartphone security and management.
Samsung lost its number one position in the global smartphone market to Apple in the last quarter of 2014. Buoyed by sales of its iPhone 6, Apple shipped 74.8 million units to secure a 20.4 per cent share of the market, Gartner said on Wednesday.
Strong interest in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus helped Apple sell more smartphones than Samsung in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Samsung, HTC, Sony and others debut brand new smartphones at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona.
Samsung jumps into payments... NXP buys Freescale to build a bigger chip company ... Iran "ready to work with Google"... and more tech news.
As part of the NSA's program to certify commercial off-the-shelf technology for use inside the agency, mobile devices from Samsung and Boeing have been cleared for use by NSA employees.
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
What different advantages can a curved screen bring to a smartphone? Well, not a whole lot. But Samsung's newest smartphone, the Galaxy Round, comes off as a posh device that may be the company's best looking handset yet.
Apple CEO Tim Cook spent a bit of time dissing the competition while he was on stage at Apple's iPad Air launch event on Tuesday, but how does Apple's newest tablet stack up against the competition?
- Smartphone dead? Fuel cells offer instant power anywhere
- Cryptocurrency software bundled with BitTorrent triggers complaints
- Apple to fill in the blanks on Monday on Watch prices, availability and more
- These CompSci programs deliver most bang for buck, report finds
- Two indicted for stealing 1 billion email addresses in historic breach
- Fastway marketing chief: Making the switch from B2B to consumer connections
- How HelloFresh's CMO uses a surprising tool to bring data closer to the business
- B2B marketers splurging on content and digital; struggling with ROI
- ADMA announces new board changes
- CMO Interview: How McDonald's is putting customer centricity back on the menu