There was a steady slide in IT recruitment in the fourth quarter of this year and the outlook for 2013 is no better, according to recruitment firm Ambition.
IT employers in the public sector are set to face a challenging 2011 as skills shortages continue and the competition for staff increases among employments, say recruitment firms.
Pay rates for project managers have continued to rise and are higher than before the financial crisis, a new salary survey indicates.
The salaries of IT managers are retreating, and most affected by the trend are managers running technology operations at mid-sized companies with less than $500 million in annual revenue, according to a semi-annual study from Janco Associates Inc.
Intel on Monday said it has frozen salaries of employees across the company, including top executives, in an effort to reduce spending and control costs.
I tend to equate the salaries of celebrity CIOs (an oxymoron, I know) with the compensation packages of today's professional athletes: They're all seemingly excessive and incomprehensible to most salt-of-the-earth people. HP CIO Randy Mott, for instance, took home more than US$28 million in compensation in 2008, while New York Yankees' slugger Alex Rodriguez earns $15,856 every time he sees a pitch, according to The Wall Street Journal.
According to the 2012 Verizon Data Breach Investigations report, 99% of breaches led to data compromise within “days” or less, whereas 85% of breaches took “weeks” or more to discover. This presents a significant challenge to security teams as it grants attackers extended periods of time within a victim’s environment. More “free time” leads to more stolen data and more digital damage. Principally, this is because today’s security measures aren’t designed to counter today’s more advanced threats. Read on.
Dropbox is a sharing tool that allows you to synchronize your documents, as well share files with others. It automatically uploads the files to the ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia