- Apple Watch under scrutiny for privacy by Connecticut attorney general
- 'Tiny banker' malware targets US financial institutions
- Data loss detection tool mines the ephemeral world of 'pastes'
- Why retailers like Home Depot get hacked
- The week in security: OAIC promotes breach notification as Apple, Google hit
safety - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Manly Life Saving Club is trialling wearable wristbands for nippers, swimmers and surfers that quickly provide critical information in the case of an emergency.
A shark detection technology currently being trialled is intended to make beachgoers feel safe to go back in the water.
The Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association (AMTA) has unveiled a smartphone and tablet app called MobileSiteSafety for use by technicians when they are accessing buildings that have mobile base station antennas.
An Australian-developed wireless car-to-car communication system designed to prevent car accidents could soon appear in vehicles around the world and possibly new prototypes that don't require drivers.
A fight brewing between mobile app developers and the taxi industry could end up in the courts and may result in new regulations, according to independent taxi app developers.
- Adopting mobile marketing for the masses
- Report: Consumers worry more about privacy even as they share personal info online
- Anytime Fitness looks to bring on first CMO
- Don't drop leadership intuition for data analytics, says Accenture researcher
- Optus claims world-first with Facebook trending campaign launching pre-paid offer