The NSW Government will put its faith in technology and re-introduce mobile speed cameras as part of a $170 million road safety campaign.
rta - News, Features, and Slideshows
An element of the backbone software behind the Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA)’s traffic monitoring toolkit has been released as open source by National ICT Australia (NICTA). The machine learning system, dubbed Elefant — Efficient learning, large-scale inference and optimisation toolkit — allows large amounts of data to be automatically analysed, interpreted and summarised.
The New South Wales Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) is set to overhaul its tolling business by allowing motorists to purchase petrol using their personal e-tags, but this has already received criticism because of the millions of dollars it could potentially add to the organisation’s coffers.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Check your Future Risk
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE