- China tightens grip over the Internet with new security law
- SMBs must step carefully before committing to security-as-a-service: GFI
- Trusting, lazy humans a common theme in recent security vulnerabilities
- Apple releases tons of security updates for recent flaws and exploits
- Surveillance court extends NSA's phone records collection
router - News, Features, and Slideshows
router in pictures
Cisco reportedly skirted US sanctions in order to sell networking equipment to Russia's military.
Nuage Networks this week released an application designed to better integrate physical and virtual networks.
CES is a consumer show, but there are plenty of nifty tools for businesses too.
Juniper Networks combined its hardware and software units to better align product development and share technology across products lines for cloud and intelligent networking.
The merging world of personal technology and workplace technology is always a fascinating scene to observe, so a lot of devices here can be utilized at home, and vice versa (see our Digital Life article for home-related tech gift ideas). But for the most part, we're confident that your work life will improve with these gadgets - peruse the writeups for gift ideas for your favorite colleague!
On the surface, Cisco and Juniper's SDN strategies seem to have sharp contrasts if recent announcements are any indication.
Four things are clear from Cisco’s better-than-expected Q1 FY 2013 results:
Six years ago, we tested dual-WAN routers as a way to pump more bandwidth into small businesses that couldn't afford a T-1 and were stuck with relatively slow DSL and cable connections.
One thing you can depend on these days is that the claims made for wireless routers, like 300Mbit/sec. throughput and 1,000-foot range, are nothing more than digital pipe dreams. The plain and simple truth is that these speeds and distances just aren't going to happen in your home, office or any place on this planet.
- Adaptive Insights secures $75 million in funding for expansion
- Dimension Data equips Tour de France with Big Data analytics and digital delivery platform
- Rhipe launches new Microsoft CSP program
- Aussie firms must catch up or end up as easy security targets: Dell SecureWorks
- Iridium appoints World Reach as official service partner
- RadiumOne secures US$54m for programmatic ad tech
- Ansell marketing chief: Technology literacy is imperative for customer experience success
- Holla chief: Customer experience is the new brand remit
- Ooyala buys media software vendor for digital and video content management
- NRMA announces second round of startup accelerator program