Rodney Gedda - News, Features, and Slideshows
Big data projects are being held back by the high cost of setting up infrastructure to support the capturing of potentially hundreds of millions of data points each day.
Apple has finally added near field communications (NFC) capabilities with its latest iPhone 6, which is likely to be a tipping point for increased uptake of mobile payment technology, says Telsyte analyst Rodney Gedda.
seL4 microkernel, the “world’s most highly assured OS”, is set to go open source on 29 July, 2014.
More than 50 per cent of 315 CIOs and IT executives surveyed by analyst firm Telsyte are now using public cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), according to a new report.
Analysts predict an uptake in trigeneration technology and data centre infrastructure management tools, and that there will be more consolidation of IT infrastructure, more sophisticated monitoring and reporting of energy use, and driving down energy costs will become a top priority for CIOs next year.
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities