- Hackers said to infiltrate European foreign affairs ministries ahead of G20
- Symantec walks away from managed firewall and endpoint services
- French Treasury accidentally signs SSL certificate for Google.com domains
- Data-stealing malware pretends to be Microsoft IIS server module
- Encrypted text messages may soon be on the way to some Android phones
- Amazon drones are 'fantasy,' says eBay CEO
- On snooping disclosures, AT&T and Internet companies are like night and day
- In his own words: Tony Abbott on the NBN
- TPG buys AAPT
- US faces major Internet image problem, former gov't official says
retail in pictures
The holidays are here and if you are still shopping for gifts for the tech pro in your life (or maybe you're making your own Christmas wish list), these products are as practical are they are cool.
Picture taking, whether you use a smartphone or digital camera, doesn't have to be boring. Here are some cameras and peripherals that can help you create truly marvelous photos.
As more people do their holiday shopping online, either at home or from a mobile device, the traditional Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping days are losing their distinction.
Tokyo's world-famous Akihabara district lost one of its signature stores on Saturday, and with it a piece of the area's rich electronics history faded away.
Apple earlier today launched its annual Black Friday sale, but rather than directly discount hardware -- as it's done for years -- it offered gift cards of up to $150 with a purchase.
Amazon's nascent plan to use unmanned drones to deliver packages to customers has already raised strong privacy concerns that could ultimately nip it in the bud.
Amazon's ambitious plan to use flying drones to deliver packages is far-fetched, but not just because of technology limitations or air traffic regulations. Amazon's fulfillment center network, as it stands now, is too limited to serve even a tiny fraction of the U.S. in the method described by CEO Jeff Bezos.
Genesco, a specialty retailer of footwear, sports apparel and related accessories has sued Visa USA for $13.3 million in fines that were assessed against the company after a credit card data breach in 2010.
Sure, tablets and HDTVs are always welcome gifts, but that's not all our readers want to give and get this year.
Whitepapers about retail
Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent telecommunications retailer in Europe with over 2,000 stores and 10 million subscribers across 8 countries. Connected World Services, its B2B division, recently looked at how to build a predictable and dependable retail sales platform that was both error-free and have greater visualisation across multiple platforms. Find out how!
Backing up data today is growing more complex - and in an era of virtualisation, big data and cloud deployments, it can be difficult to maintain control over your data, resulting in loss and downtime. This hour-long webcast features expert commentary on navigating the complexity of backing up a heavily virtualised infrastructure; simplifying your backup software and hardware ecosystem; reducing the cost of backing up your organisation’s data, and modernising your backup infrastructure with integration. The presentations will conclude with an interactive Q&A session.
When you think Open Source software, you may think of half-baked programs too hard to use, or perhaps lacking power. Well, think again. This Open ...
Think back to the last time all your employees were in the office, at their desks, on the same day. It’s no surprise that you might struggle, between travel and off-site meetings, remote staff, flexible schedules and sick days. In today's competitive business climate, organisations need to maintain productivity and connectedness with their staff, despite not always being onsite. In this whitepaper, we look at five ways you can improve productivity, no matter where employees are.
- Acronis delivers backup and protection with Microsoft Active Directory
- Rate of innovation remains high in enterprise: Motorola
- Veeam Cloud Provider program growing more than 100 per cent YoY
- New virtual currency stymies Christmas traffic torrent
- Immense growth pushing datacentres to unsustainable point: Gartner
- B2B customers are increasingly led by consumer habits and experience
- CMO interview: Marketing the wool off a sheep’s back
- Mobile browser usage share hits 20% for the first time
- Apple knows where shoppers are in its stores with nationwide iBeacon rollout
- Should Facebook, Yahoo and Twitter really judge what's news?