remote working - News, Features, and Slideshows
Workers increasingly want to control when and where they work through mobile technology, according to the University of Sydney Business School.
Telstra will sell cloud-based video conferencing by Blue Jeans Network, the telco has announced.
Teleworking is increasing even while many businesses in Australia and New Zealand lack written agreements or training for remote working, according to a report released today by Cisco.
Employees who are happy with workplace IT are one-third less likely to leave their company, according to a Deloitte study commissioned by Google.
Cisco and the University of Melbourne want to know why more Australian and New Zealand businesses and government bodies aren’t teleworking.
Whitepapers about remote working
With EmblemHealth’s company headquarters flooded after Hurricane Sandy in 2012, this paper explains how a mobile laptop solution enabled displaced employees to work remotely and maintain productivity. • Hurricane Sandy’s surge swamped the building’s sublevels, where its mechanical and electrical systems reside, rendering it uninhabitable for three months • Employees who were working remotely could access the company’s intranet to get updates as needed • Corporate notebooks were also essential to mobile workers such as visiting nurses and health coaches
- Outsourced datacentre market grows on the back of the Cloud
- Microsoft pledges $US500k to Australian non-profits
- Microsoft APC 2015: Women in IT Panel - Quotas, meritocracy and the diversity dividend
- NEC facial recognition helps NT police fight crime
- Tech companies perform strongly in BRW’s best places to work
- NT cops use facial recognition to fight crime
- Verizon to introduce SDN security feature later this month
- LTE is making a full-court press for the Internet of Things
- Indian woman allegedly raped by Uber driver withdraws suit
- Mozilla updates its Thimble online code editor to help teach Web programming
- CMO Interview: Unleashed's Anthony Mordech on the software marketing evolution
- Bank of Queensland: Digital transformation of banking is in its infancy
- Myer targets customers through digital and data in $600m transformation agenda
- Economist: Why it's time to re-think marketing in a customer-led economy
- Why brands are using Marketo to leverage digital transformation