Red Hat - News, Features, and Slideshows
Red Hat in pictures
Red Hat is preparing to launch new training services focussed on helping organisations develop DevOps capabilities, according to the company's director, consulting and training, for Australia and New Zealand
Red Hat has polished the open source OpenStack Cloud hosting software so that it can be more easily deployed within enterprises.
JRuby, a veteran among languages other than Java riding atop the JVM, will be upgraded Wednesday with the release of JRuby 9000.
At the recent Red Hat Summit in Boston, Executive Vice President Paul Cormier declared victory for open source. "Linux has won in the data center," he proclaimed to an applauding crowd, acknowledging that along with Windows, Linux is one of two major operating systems in enterprise data centers today.
Just before the stroke of midnight Tuesday Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), computerized clocks around the world will pause for a moment to squeeze in an extra second.
Once you've configured a Docker container, you'll probably want to see how it's configured. In this video excerpt from the Pearson/Addison-Wesley training course <a href="http://www.informit.com/store/docker-containers-livelessons-9780134096131">"Docker Containers LiveLessons"</a>, Christopher Negus will show you how to use commands such as
As Red Hat homes in on VMware, investing development resources in Kubernetes, Project Atomic, and other container-related efforts will pay off far more than propping up OpenStack
A list of leading cloud, storage and virtualization companies are backing a new effort named the Open Container Project, which aims to create a set of standards for the fast-growing technology.
<em>Network World's</em> analysis of publicly listed sponsors of 36 prominent open-source non-profits and foundations reveals that the lion's share of financial support for open-source groups comes from a familiar set of names.
Contributing to open-source projects can give software developers an edge over other applicants in the competitive IT job market, say hiring professionals.
CGI Federal, the lead contractor at Healthcare.gov, is a veritable black belt in software development, with the highest possible certification from CMMI. So what does the website's flawed rollout say about how useful CMMI is?
- Toyota funds AI research to build autonomous cars
- Uber links to sensitive ride data now expire after 48 hours
- Connected homes, smartwatches and gaming PCs dominate IFA in Berlin
- Dropbox's head of enterprise says collaboration will set it apart
- Microsoft kills off some of Nokia's apps for Windows Phone
- AOL acquires Millennial Media to bolster in-app and mobile smarts
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC