SUSE 12 is a broad set of Linux distributions ranging from desktop through enterprise level. We tested several instances and found them quite ready for enterprise use. All in all, SUSE 12 is a worthy competitor to Red Hat and Ubuntu in the enterprise Linux market.
Red Hat - News, Features, and Slideshows
Red Hat in pictures
The most important cloud acquisitions this year have one thing in common: OpenStack.
According to Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst, the prevailing narrative about the growth and spread of Linux is only half-true.
Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer once infamously described Linux as a cancer. Microsoft’s founder, Bill Gates, in the past criticised the ‘Pac-Man’ like nature of the most famous open source licence, the GPL.
A new release issued this week from Red Hat Anisble – an open source project and commercial product for creating a devops environment – is enabling developers to control network infrastructure.
A breach-of-contract and copyright lawsuit filed nearly 13 years ago by a successor company to business Linux vendor Caldera International against IBM may be drawing to a close at last, after a U.S. District Court judge issued an order in favor of the latter company earlier this week.
Red Hat's hybrid cloud management solution adds Azure and container tech to an arsenal of supported technologies
Once you've configured a Docker container, you'll probably want to see how it's configured. In this video excerpt from the Pearson/Addison-Wesley training course <a href="http://www.informit.com/store/docker-containers-livelessons-9780134096131">"Docker Containers LiveLessons"</a>, Christopher Negus will show you how to use commands such as
A devoted practitioner offers an eyewitness account of the rise of Linux and the open source movement, plus analysis of where Linux is taking us now
In a collaboration that would have been unthinkable just a few years ago, Microsoft – the purveyor of the mainstream and proprietary Windows OS – has partnered with Red Hat, the champion of an enterprise-class iteration of Linux.
As Red Hat homes in on VMware, investing development resources in Kubernetes, Project Atomic, and other container-related efforts will pay off far more than propping up OpenStack
A list of leading cloud, storage and virtualization companies are backing a new effort named the Open Container Project, which aims to create a set of standards for the fast-growing technology.
<em>Network World's</em> analysis of publicly listed sponsors of 36 prominent open-source non-profits and foundations reveals that the lion's share of financial support for open-source groups comes from a familiar set of names.
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security